美国语文第六册 第21期:生活中通常貌似真实的计划(3)
时间:2019-02-11 作者:英语课 分类:美国语文第六册
英语课
I shall revel 1 in inexhaustible accumulations of intellectual riches; 我将陶醉于永不枯竭的智慧财富的积累。
I shall find new pleasures for every moment, and shall never more be weary of myself. 每一时刻我都会找到新的快乐,永远乐此不疲。
"'I will not, however, deviate 2 too far from the beaten track of life; but will try what can be found in female delicacy 3. 然而,我不会脱离生活常规太远的,当然会尝试在女性的微妙精致中所蕴含的真谛。
I will marry a wife as beautiful as the houries, and wise as Zobeide; 我要娶一位美若天仙、聪明似佐贝德的姑娘。
and with her I will live twenty years within the suburbs of Bagdad, in every pleasure that wealth can purchase, and fancy can invent. 在她的陪伴下,我在巴格达城郊一住就是二十年,凡是财富能买到的快乐都享受了,凡是能想出的奇思妙想都尝试了。
"'I will then retire to a rural dwelling 4, pass my days in obscurity and contemplation; and lie silently down on the bed of death. 从那以后我退隐山林,在默默无闻和沉思冥想中打发日子,直到静静的寿终正寝。
Through my life it shall be my settled resolution, that I will never depend on the smile of princes; 这将是我最后的归宿,我不再仰赖王子的微笑过日子了,
that I will never stand exposed to the artifices 5 of courts; I will never pant for public honors, nor disturb my quiet with the affairs of state.' 我也不会再在庙堂的虚伪中战战兢兢了;我不再渴望那个大众的欢呼,也不会为国务打扰内心的平静。
Such was my scheme of life, which I impressed indelibly upon my memory. 这就是我的生活计划,在我的记忆中刻下了难以磨灭的印象。
"The first part of my ensuing time was to be spent in search of knowledge, and I know not how I was diverted from my design. 最先要做的就是获取知识,我不晓得自己是如何偏离最初的设计的。
vi.狂欢作乐,陶醉;n.作乐,狂欢
- She seems to revel in annoying her parents.她似乎以惹父母生气为乐。
- The children revel in country life.孩子们特别喜欢乡村生活。
v.(from)背离,偏离
- Don't deviate from major issues.不要偏离主要问题。
- I will never deviate from what I believe to be right.我绝不背离我自信正确的道路。
n.精致,细微,微妙,精良;美味,佳肴
- We admired the delicacy of the craftsmanship.我们佩服工艺师精巧的手艺。
- He sensed the delicacy of the situation.他感觉到了形势的微妙。
n.住宅,住所,寓所
- Those two men are dwelling with us.那两个人跟我们住在一起。
- He occupies a three-story dwelling place on the Park Street.他在派克街上有一幢3层楼的寓所。
标签:
美国语文