英语听书《海底两万里》第80期 第7章 一种从未见过的鱼(3)
时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
Not at all. But being in master's employ, I followed master.
不是。为了服侍先生,我就跟着先生下来了!
The fine lad thought this only natural!
这个好人觉得这样做是很自然的!
What about the frigate 1? I asked.
战舰呢?我问。
The frigate? Conseil replied, rolling over on his back. I think master had best not depend on it to any great extent!
战舰哪!康塞尔转过身来回答,我认为先生不要再指望它了。
What are you saying?
你说的什么?
I'm saying that just as I jumped overboard, I heard the men at the helm shout, Our propeller 2 and rudder are smashed!' Smashed?
我说的是,在我跳入海中的时候,我听见舵旁边的人喊:‘舵和螺旋桨都坏了都坏了?是的!
Yes, smashed by the monster's tusk 3! I believe it's the sole injury the Abraham Lincoln has sustained. But most inconveniently 4 for us, the ship can no longer steer 5.
我想,林肯号受到的损坏虽然只存这么一点儿,可是,这种情况对于我们是很不利的,因为船无法掌握方向了。
Then we're done for!
那么,我们完了!
Perhaps, Conseil replied serenely 6. However, we still have a few hours before us, and in a few hours one can do a great many things!
也许完了,康塞尔安静地回答,不过,我们还可以支持几个钟头,在几个钟头内,我们可以做不少的事!
n.护航舰,大型驱逐舰
- An enemy frigate bore down on the sloop.一艘敌驱逐舰向这只护航舰逼过来。
- I declare we could fight frigate.我敢说我们简直可以和一艘战舰交战。
n.螺旋桨,推进器
- The propeller started to spin around.螺旋桨开始飞快地旋转起来。
- A rope jammed the boat's propeller.一根绳子卡住了船的螺旋桨。
n.獠牙,长牙,象牙
- The wild boar had its tusk sunk deeply into a tree and howled desperately.野猪的獠牙陷在了树里,绝望地嗥叫着。
- A huge tusk decorated the wall of his study.他书房的墙上装饰着一支巨大的象牙。
ad.不方便地
- Hardware encrypting resists decryption intensely, but it use inconveniently for user. 硬件加密方法有较强的抗解密性,但用户使用不方便。
- Even implementing the interest-deferral scheme for homeowners has proved inconveniently tricky. 甚至是对房主实行的推迟利息的方案,结果证明也是极不方便的。
vt.驾驶,为…操舵;引导;vi.驾驶
- If you push the car, I'll steer it.如果你来推车,我就来驾车。
- It's no use trying to steer the boy into a course of action that suits you.想说服这孩子按你的方式行事是徒劳的。