英语听书《海底两万里》第78期 第7章 一种从未见过的鱼(1)
时间:2019-01-28 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
ALTHOUGH I WAS startled by this unexpected descent, I at least have a very clear recollection of my sensations during it.
我虽然由于意外落水而吓得发慌,但我还是很清楚地记得我当时的感觉。
At first I was dragged about twenty feet under.
我首先下沉到二+英尺深的水里。
I'm a good swimmer, without claiming to equal such other authors as Byron and Edgar Allan Poe, who were master divers 1, and I didn't lose my head on the way down.
我是泅水的好手,但不能跟拜伦;口埃德力口·坡那两位游泳大师相比—我虽沉在水中,神志却一点没有昏迷。
With two vigorous kicks of the heel, I came back to the surface of the sea.
我两脚使劲一蹬又浮上了水面。
My first concern was to look for the frigate 2. Had the crew seen me go overboard?
我浮出水面来最关心的一件事就是看看战舰在哪里。船上是不是有人看见我掉下水了?
Was the Abraham Lincoln tacking 3 about? Would Commander Farragut put a longboat to sea? Could I hope to be rescued?
林肯号是不是改变方向了?法拉古舰长是不是放小艇下海了?我能不能得救?
The gloom was profound. I glimpsed a black mass disappearing eastward 4, where its running lights were fading out in the distance.
夜色沉黑。我仿佛看到一大块黑东西在东方渐渐消失了,它的标灯远远地熄灭了。
It was the frigate. I felt I was done for.
这一定是我们的战舰。我觉得自己没有希望了。
Help! Help! I shouted, swimming desperately 5 toward the Abraham Lincoln.
救命!救命!我喊着,两手拼命划着向林肯号泅去。
adj.不同的;种种的
- He chose divers of them,who were asked to accompany him.他选择他们当中的几个人,要他们和他作伴。
- Two divers work together while a standby diver remains on the surface.两名潜水员协同工作,同时有一名候补潜水员留在水面上。
n.护航舰,大型驱逐舰
- An enemy frigate bore down on the sloop.一艘敌驱逐舰向这只护航舰逼过来。
- I declare we could fight frigate.我敢说我们简直可以和一艘战舰交战。
(帆船)抢风行驶,定位焊[铆]紧钉
- He was tacking about on this daily though perilous voyage. 他在进行这种日常的、惊险的航行。
- He spent the afternoon tacking the pictures. 他花了一个下午的时间用图钉固定那些图片。
adv.向东;adj.向东的;n.东方,东部
- The river here tends eastward.这条河从这里向东流。
- The crowd is heading eastward,believing that they can find gold there.人群正在向东移去,他们认为在那里可以找到黄金。
adv.极度渴望地,绝望地,孤注一掷地
- He was desperately seeking a way to see her again.他正拼命想办法再见她一面。
- He longed desperately to be back at home.他非常渴望回家。