时间:2019-01-02 作者:英语课 分类:冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》


英语课

   The winters are hard, Ned admitted. But the Starks will endure. We always have. 北方的冬天很冷很苦,奈德承认:但是史塔克家族会熬过去的,这麽多年来我们不是一直都熬过来了麽?


  You need to come south, Robert told him. You need a taste of summer before it flees. 你真该来南方看看,劳勃对他说:趁夏天还没结束好好见识一下。
  In Highgarden there are fields of golden roses that stretch away as far as the eye can see. 高庭的花园里放眼望去遍野尽是金黄玫瑰。
  The fruits are so ripe they explode in your mouth, melons, peaches, fireplums, you've never tasted such sweetness. 水果甜熟到会在你口中爆开,有甜瓜、蜜桃还有火梅,我保证你绝对没尝过这麽甜美的东西。
  You'll see, I brought you some. 你等会就知道了,我这次给你带了点过来。
  Even at Storm's End, with that good wind off the bay, the days are so hot you can barely move. 就算在风息堡,热风一吹起来,天气热得你几乎无法动弹。
  And you ought to see the towns, Ned! Flowers everywhere, the markets bursting with food, 奈德,你真该看看南方市镇的模样,满地繁花,市集里的食物多到快装不下,
  the summerwines so cheap and so good that you can get drunk just breathing the air. 夏季的葡萄酒不但好喝,而且便宜得不像话,光是闻闻市场里的酒味就会喝醉。
  Everyone is fat and drunk and rich. He laughed and slapped his own ample stomach a thump 1. 每个人都丰衣足食,喝得醉醺醺,吃得肥嘟嘟的。他咧嘴笑道,又用手拍了拍自己的啤酒肚。
  And the girls, Ned! he exclaimed, his eyes sparkling. I swear, the women lose all modesty 2 in the heat. 奈德,还有南方的女孩子啊!他眼里焕发著光芒,高声叫道:我敢跟你保证,只要天气一热,女人的矜持就全都不见了。
  They swim naked in the river, right beneath the castle. Even in the streets, 她们就贯接脱了衣服光著身子,在城堡附近的河里裸泳。
  it's too damn hot for wool or fur, so they go around in these short gowns, silk if they have the silver and cotton if not, 就算上了街,也是热得穿不住羊毛或皮衣,所以有钱的女孩就穿丝织短袖上衣,穷一点就穿棉质的衣服。
  but it's all the same when they start sweating and the cloth sticks to their skin, they might as well be naked. The king laughed happily. 不过只要一流汗,衣服贴著皮肤,根本就和脱光光没有两样。国王开心地笑著说。

v.重击,砰然地响;n.重击,重击声
  • The thief hit him a thump on the head.贼在他的头上重击一下。
  • The excitement made her heart thump.她兴奋得心怦怦地跳。
n.谦逊,虚心,端庄,稳重,羞怯,朴素
  • Industry and modesty are the chief factors of his success.勤奋和谦虚是他成功的主要因素。
  • As conceit makes one lag behind,so modesty helps one make progress.骄傲使人落后,谦虚使人进步。
标签: 权利的游戏
学英语单词