冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第896期:第四十二章 艾德(13)
时间:2019-03-10 作者:英语课 分类:冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》
英语课
In Dorne, the Martells still brood on the murder of Princess Elia and her babes. 多恩领方面,马泰尔家族至今依旧对伊莉亚公主和她小婴儿的死怀恨在心。
And now your son marches down the Neck with a northern host at his back." 更何况这会儿令公子又带着北方诸侯大军越过颈泽往南来了。”
Robb is only a boy, Ned said, aghast. “罗柏只是个孩子。”奈德大惊失色。
A boy with an army, Varys said. "Yet only a boy, as you say. “是个握有大军的孩子。”瓦里斯道,“不过如您所说,他毕竟只是个孩子。
The king's brothers are the ones giving Cersei sleepless 1 nights... Lord Stannis in particular. 真正令瑟曦寝食难安的是国王的两个弟弟。……尤其是史坦尼斯大人。
His claim is the true one, he is known for his prowess as a battle commander, and he is utterly 2 without mercy. 他的继承权名正言顺,本人又能征善战,而且绝不心软。
There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man. 这世上再没有谁比一个绝对刚正不阿的人更可怕。
No one knows what Stannis has been doing on Dragonstone, but I will wager 3 you that he's gathered more swords than seashells. 这段时间史坦尼斯在龙石岛做些什么,没有人知道,可我敢打赌,他是在招聚兵马,决非收集贝壳。
So here is Cersei's nightmare: while her father and brother spend their power battling Starks and Tullys, 所以啰,瑟曦怕的就是:当她的父亲和弟弟对付史塔克家和徒利家的时候,
Lord Stannis will land, proclaim himself king, and lop off her son's curly blond head... 史坦尼斯趁机登陆,自立为王,并砍掉她儿子那个生了漂亮卷发的头……
and her own in the bargain, though I truly believe she cares more about the boy." 当然,她自己也难保性命,虽说我真的相信她比较在乎孩子。”
Stannis Baratheon is Robert's true heir, Ned said. "The throne is his by rights. I would welcome his ascent 4." “史坦尼斯·拜拉席恩是劳勃真正的继承人,”奈德说,“王位本归他所有,我欢迎他登基为王。”
adj.不睡眠的,睡不著的,不休息的
- The situation gave her many sleepless nights.这种情况害她一连好多天睡不好觉。
- One evening I heard a tale that rendered me sleepless for nights.一天晚上,我听说了一个传闻,把我搞得一连几夜都不能入睡。
adv.完全地,绝对地
- Utterly devoted to the people,he gave his life in saving his patients.他忠于人民,把毕生精力用于挽救患者的生命。
- I was utterly ravished by the way she smiled.她的微笑使我完全陶醉了。
n.赌注;vt.押注,打赌
- They laid a wager on the result of the race.他们以竞赛的结果打赌。
- I made a wager that our team would win.我打赌我们的队会赢。
标签:
权力的游戏