时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:天真与经验之歌


英语课

   My Pretty Rose Tree 我漂亮的玫瑰树


  A flower was offered to me, 有人送给我一朵花,
  Such a flower as May never bore; 五月里从没有这样的花。
  But I said, 'I've a pretty rose tree,' 但我说我有一棵漂亮的玫魂树,
  And I passed the sweet flower o'er. 我就把这朵可爱的花还给他。
  Then I went to my pretty rose tree, 然后我去看我漂亮的玫魂树:
  To tend her by day and by night; 白天黑夜把她好好照应。
  But my rose turned away with jealousy 1, 但我的玫瑰却嫉妒得掉头不顾;
  And her thorns 2 were my only delight. 而她的刺却成了我唯一的欢欣。

n.妒忌,嫉妒,猜忌
  • Some women have a disposition to jealousy.有些女人生性爱妒忌。
  • I can't support your jealousy any longer.我再也无法忍受你的嫉妒了。
(玫瑰之类植物的)刺( thorn的名词复数 ); 棘刺; 带刺的树; 荆棘
  • I was sitting on the thorns while waiting for the outcome. 等待结果时我如坐针毡。
  • They had to stop to pick out thorns from their feet. 他们只得停下来把脚上的刺拔去。
标签: