天真与经验之歌:第18篇 一个梦
时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:天真与经验之歌
英语课
A Dream 一个梦
Once a dream did weave a shade O'er my angel-guarded bed, 一次一个梦织成一片浓阴笼罩在我那有天使守护的床顶,
That an emmet lost its way 我想我是躺在草地上
Where on grass methought I lay. 有一只蚂蚁迷失了方向。
Troubled, wildered, and forlorn, Dark, benighted 1, travel-worn, Over many a tangled 2 spray, All heart-broke, I heard her say: 困惑,茫然,凄凄惨惨,天色已晚,走得疲乏不堪,有一捆捆树枝纵横交错,全然心碎,我听见她说。
'O my children! do they cry, 啊,我的孩子们!他们可在哭泣,
Do they hear their father sigh? 他们可听见他们的父亲在叹息。
Now they look abroad to see, 一会儿他们跑到外面眺望,
Now return and weep for me.' 一会儿又回来为我悲伤。
Pitying, I dropped a tear: 我落下一滴泪出于怜悯,
But I saw a glow-worm near, 但是我看见一个萤火虫走近,
Who replied, 'What wailing 3 wight Calls the watchman of the night?' 它答腔,是那个家伙在号啕,把我这个守夜者给唤来了。
'I am set to light the ground, 我就要照亮这地面,
While the beetle 4 goes his round: 这时甲虫开始到处转;
Follow now the beetle's hum; 现在跟着甲虫的嗡嗡声走吧,
Little wanderer, hie thee home!' 小流浪者,你快快赶回家。
adj.蒙昧的
- Listen to both sides and you will be enlightened,heed only one side and you will be benighted.兼听则明,偏信则暗。
- Famine hit that benighted country once more.饥荒再次席卷了那个蒙昧的国家。
v.哭叫,哀号( wail的现在分词 );沱
- A police car raced past with its siren wailing. 一辆警车鸣着警报器飞驰而过。
- The little girl was wailing miserably. 那小女孩难过得号啕大哭。
标签: