天真与经验之歌:第35篇 爱情的花园
时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:天真与经验之歌
英语课
The Garden Of Love 爱情的花园
I went to the Garden of Love, 我去到爱情的花园里,
And saw what I never had seen; 看见了我从未见过的情景:
A Chapel 1 was built in the midst, 在我经常玩耍的草地
Where I used to play on the green. 有一座礼拜堂建立在中心
And the gates of this Chapel were shut, 这礼拜堂的大门紧紧关闭,
And 'Thou shalt not' writ 2 over the door; 门上写着,你不准如何如何;
So I turned to the Garden of Love that so many sweet flowers bore. 于是我转身到爱情的花园里,那里盛开着许多可爱的花朵,
And I saw it was filled with graves, 我却看见那儿尽是坟墓,
And tombstones where flowers should be; 墓碑代替了原有的花朵:
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds, 穿黑袍的牧师还在踱来踱去,
And binding 3 with briars my joys and desires. 用荆棘捆住了我的欲念和欢乐。
n.小教堂,殡仪馆
- The nimble hero,skipped into a chapel that stood near.敏捷的英雄跳进近旁的一座小教堂里。
- She was on the peak that Sunday afternoon when she played in chapel.那个星期天的下午,她在小教堂的演出,可以说是登峰造极。
n.命令状,书面命令
- This is a copy of a writ I received this morning.这是今早我收到的书面命令副本。
- You shouldn't treat the newspapers as if they were Holy Writ. 你不应该把报上说的话奉若神明。
标签: