In contrast to regimes that rule by coercion, democracies are rooted in the consent of the governed citizens know that there's a path for peaceful change, including the moral force of nonviolence. And that brings a stability that so often can facilit

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(十二月)

Starting a new book is a risk, just like falling in love. You have to commit to it. You open the pages knowing a little bit about it maybe, from the back or from a blurb on the front. But who knows, right? Those bits and pieces arent always right. 读一

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

经典句型:What kind of discount could you give me? 贵方可以给我们什么样的折扣? A:What kind of discount could you give me? 甲:贵方可以给我们什么样的折扣? B:How many do you intend to order? 乙:您打算订多少? A:1000 d

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 生活口语天天说

Swimmer Michael Phelps Talks About Saving Water American Michael Phelps possess more Olympic medals than anyone else in history. Phelps won 28 medals over the years as a competitive swimmer. So he knows a thing or two about water. Retired from the sp

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Microsoft founder Bill Gates has said China is the best place for the young to fulfill their ambitions to make the world a better place. 微软创始人比尔盖茨近日表示,对想实现理想、将世界变得更美好的年轻人来说,中国是

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The United States is in the midst of its most severe drug epidemic since the 1980s. Nonetheless, the country is positioning itself within the international system to fight it, thanks to close cooperation with its international partners, and with mech

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(181) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(三月)

Welcome to Talking Sport! Today we meet 21-year-old athlete Olga Kharlan. Olga is from Ukraine and is a fencer. She won a team gold medal for her country in the last Olympics in 2008. Today we go to Olga's hometown of Mykolaiv and hear about how succ

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦谈体育

Welcome to Talking Sport! Today we meet German horse rider, Hinrich Romeike. As well as being an Olympian, Hinrich is also a dentist. He works 5 days a week and trains his horses in his free time. Hinrich is aiming to compete in the 3-day eventing co

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦谈体育

Jacqueline Novogratz讲述了她在内罗毕的贫民区遇到简的一次感人经历。简曾是一名妓女。她的梦想就是逃脱贫穷、成为医生、结婚生子。而这一切竟以一种意想不到的方式得以实现。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:贫穷至进步

Well, can Starbucks continue to heat this kind of home-runs? Joining me now / the man who created it, its founder, its chairman, its, I guess big one -Howard Schultz . Hi, Neil ,how are you doing ? I

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

Talking about jobs 谈工作 99. I’m reporting for work today. 我今天来报到上班。 100. I heard Lao Wu quit his job. 我听说老李辞职了。 注释:这句话要用过去时,动词用过

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

AS IT IS 2016-06-17 Obama: 'Our Hearts Are Broken,Too' 奥巴马谈枪击案落泪哽咽:我们的心都破碎了 U.S. President Barack Obama visited Orlando Thursday to meet with survivors and family members affected by the worst mass shooting in Am

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

LISTENING Part 1 (Questions 1-12) 第一部分大多情况下是电话对话。答题纸上分为3个部分,以表格、发票、日程安排、留言条等形式出现,每部分有4个空格,要求考生听录音填空(听两遍)。 考生拿

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

Google共同创始人Larry Page 和 Sergey Brin带领大家揭开Google工作机器的庐山真面目,分享国际搜索模式、博爱的Google基金会以及公司致力于革新和提升员工幸福感的各类珍闻轶事。

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

JUDY WOODRUFF: President Obama strongly suggested today that Russian President Vladimir Putin was at the heart of the computer hacks on the Democratic Party. And he defended his administration's restrained response in his year-end news conference. PR

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Jay Walker讲解英语热潮的文本中英文对照稿: Let's talk about manias. Let's start with Beatle mania. Hysterical teenagers, crying, screaming, pandemonium. Sports mania. Deafening crowds. All for one idea. Get the ball in the net. Okay,

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

JEFFREY BROWN:And finally tonight, we end where we began, with Afghanistan, but this time through a very different lens, one of language and culture. For many Americans, Afghanistan is a country shrouded in mystery, particularly its women, literally

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈娱乐系列

D:Here is what,here explain this to me,is that a new tattoo? J:This is a new tattoo. D:Oh,God,how many do you have? J:I have just a couple... D:Oh,tell me that's the last one. J:Might be. D:No,no.It is.You don't,I mean,honestly,how does that help how

发表于:2019-02-28 / 阅读(168) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2012年

The most important thing to remember in the writing test is your audience. On the tasks it often says thing like write a report for a university lecturer but in fact it should say write a report for an examiner who will look carefully for mistakes pr

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

大家好,最近在新西兰,发现有不少的海外留学生在口语学习的时候,或多或少的存在着这样或者是那样的误区,结合到以前我在中国的教学经验,我认为有几点是大家需要注意的: 1、口语练

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(1191) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语