Economics Report - Anti-Corruption Group Says Abuse of Power Still Very High in Many Countries From VOA Learning English, this is the Economics Report in Special English. A group that brings attention to the issue of corruption says levels of bribery

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(246) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Gold medalist Lindsey Vonn facing new outthrow this morning after a ski accident over the weekend that happened when Vonn's managing come back to the slopes after 2 knee operations, ABC N. has the story. she is back it was return to action that seeme

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2014年

Real-life Vigilantes Come to the Rescue Youve probably heard of superheroes - crime fighters possessed of incredible powers, their identities masked behind colorful costumes. Justice-seekers such as Superman, Batman and the Green Hornet. Theyre make-

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

Music Awards Honor Blues Artists The 32nd Annual Blues Music Awards were handed out in Memphis, Tennessee on May 5. The evening had some big winners while the Blues Hall of Fame gained some new members. Guitar master Buddy Guy took home five Blues Mu

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(五月)

Top 5 Countdown for Week Ending July 27 7月27日Top 5 Countdown榜单歌曲 Were enjoying the five most popular songs in the Billboard Magazine Hot 100 pop singles chart, for the week ending July 27, 2013. French novelist Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

Hospice Helps Patients Live Their Final Days 临终关怀帮助病人生活最后一天 Welcome to American Mosaic from VOA Learning English. I'm June Simms. When people hear the word hospice, they usually link it to death and dying. But as ---------

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Guppy Groups Provide Friendly Protection against Foes大敌当前小鱼也会为朋友两肋插刀 Humans aren't the only species that forms friendships. Lots of animals prefer to spend their time only with certain individuals. 人类并不是唯一一

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(六)月

I had never heard of a Round Robin, until this past Sunday. My friend, Jody, invited me to a ladies' round robin in the town of Issaquah which is on the outskirts of Seattle. We left at about eight o'clock, stopped for coffee on the way, and reached

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

图片1 As Harp and Robin explain in this episode, to tear a strip off someone, is to get very upset at them and to express that emotion in a very harsh and angry way. This could involve yelling or screaming, or just very angry, mean words. As you ca

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

图片1 Get down is very important for you to know if you like to party! If you like to go out to the club and dance you will hear this expression! Or if you like to listen to dance music, it is fun to know all the slang for dancing. This episode we

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

ENPN NFL insider Adam Schefter joins us now from network headquarters in B Connecticut. Good morning! Adam, can you just give us your take on Incognito's interview.I think we saw yesterday. It's become perfectly obvious.There really are three sizes t

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2013年

At Olympics, Christian and Islamic Groups Compete for Souls The competition is for peoples souls. Christian groups like Amana Trust are handing out Bibles and spreading the Christian word of God. Robin Fenwick, a volunteer from Canada, says they came

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

A group of British charities has teamed up with British film actor Bill Nighy and producer Richard Curtis to campaign for what they call a new deal between banks and society. They want to put a .05 percent tax on financial transactions between banks

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

[00:01]S: Cousin!I trust you justify your intrusion with news of profound value? [00:07]G: I met a hooded man today who made me warn you not to harm his people. [00:11]S: Who told you to cover up? His name? [00:14]G: Robin of Locksley. [00:15]S: Th

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英美人天天都在说的4000句:跟着影视学最真实的口语

图片1 Its one week until Valentines Day and to get you in the mood for love we are uploading our episode a week early! Maura talks a bit about the history of Valentines Day to start and then we listen to a REAL conversation between Robin and Harp a

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

图片1 Robin and Maura are in da house! What does that mean? A real music lover heard this and wrote in to find out what it is all about.

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Could you catch this Matt Damon enlisted as a string of celebrities to take over the Jimmy Kimmel Show of his part of the mock feud that he's been having with Kimmel. Let me ask you guys this, as an audience, is it weird to see a person with actual t

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2013年

Top 5 Songs for Week Ending Sept. 21 9.21周末最热5首歌曲排行榜 This is the Top Five Countdown where we look at the five most popular songs in the Billboard Magazine Hot 100 pop singles chart, for the week ending September 21, 2013. Two of o

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(九月)

The U.N. World Food Program says Israel's decision to hold its fire for three hours a day in Gaza City will help ease the plight of the conflict-stricken population. The WFP says more is needed. 联合国世界粮食计划署表示,以色列有关每

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年1月

歌词: I remember you well in the Chelsea Hotel, you were talking so brave and so sweet, giving me head on the unmade bed, while the limousine wait in the street. Those were the reasons and that was New York, we were running for the money and the

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲