Across Asia women are bearing the brunt of the global economic downturn as export manufacturers shed workers. The United Nation's International Labor Organization and labor rights groups say Asian governments need to boost social protection programs

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(五月)

全球饥饿人口达历史新高 The report finds the combined food and economic crises have pushed the number of hungry people worldwide to historic levels. It says poor people everywhere are going without food, but nearly all the world's undernour

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(八月)

A dawning of a new era of US-Cuban relations. The White House announces it will ease the way for US telecommunications firms to do business with Cuba and allow family travel and money transfers from the United States to Cuba. White House spokesman Ro

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2009年

Nepals Political Crisis Paralyzes Economy Its nearly 5 p.m. and Sunil Lamichhane has yet to make a sale at his new clothing store in downtown Kathmandu. The retailer says Nepals political turmoil and its effect on the local economy means less money i

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

Across Asia women are bearing the brunt of the global economic downturn as export manufacturers shed workers. The United Nation's International Labor Organization and labor rights groups say Asian governments need to boost social protection programs

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年5月

A: Remittance Advice, how can I help you? 这里是汇款询问处,如何为您效劳? B: I want to send some money to Hangzhou. Today, if possible. 我想汇一些钱到杭州。如果可能的话,今天就汇。 A: That's no problem. There ar

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

A: Hello, you seem a little lost. Can I help you? 您好,您看起来有点儿迷惑。我能帮您吗? B: I've got a Remittance Advice and I'd like to cash it. 我接到一张汇款通知,我想兑现。 A: I can do that for you. Could I see t

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 15 December 2007 Three research studies show that Iraqi refugees in Syria, Jordan and Lebanon are living under precarious circumstances. The UN refugee agency says the studies, which were conducted over the last few months, fin

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十二月)

A team of American investors currently touring Africa looking for opportunities says the U.S. financial crisis could sharply restrict western investment in emerging economies. But VOA correspondent Peter Heinlein in Addis Ababa reports Africa's best

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

By Greg Flakus Houston 01 May 2008 Although economists say the United States is not technically in a recession, the slowdown in economic activity is having a dramatic impact on the amount of money immigrants are able to send back home. The so-called

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

By Brian Wagner Port-au-Prince 09 October 2007 Thousands of Haitian schools reopened their doors for a new school year last month, thanks in part to the support of the United States and other international donors. As Haiti's government works to reco

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

Latin American leaders have congratulated U.S. president-elect Barack Obama for his victory on Tuesday. VOA's Brian Wagner reports that many leaders hope the new president will bring a renewed focus on Latin America. A Cuban dissident delivers lette

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十一月)

U.S. President Barack Obama is making it easier for Cuban-Americans to travel and send remittances to relatives in Cuba. Monday's announcement came just days before a summit of hemispheric leaders in Trinidad and Tobago. Fidel Castro (file photo) Th

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(四月)

Somali Film Company Launches in Kenya In the Somali neighborhood of Eastleigh, in the eastern suburbs of Nairobi, two businessmen have launched a Somali film production company called Eastleighwood. Ahmed Shariff, one of the founders, hopes to change

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

Report: Eritrea Faces Youth Drain 有报道称厄立特里亚面临着青年流失问题 A new report said a lot of young people are leaving Eritrea due to authoritarian rule, growing dissatisfaction and long-term national service. The International

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(八月)

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Let's follow up on one of President Trump's signature campaign proposals. When he was running, he said that if elected he would build a wall along the southern border of the United States and get Mexico to pay for it. New legisla

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

By Cathy Majtenyi Hargeisa, Somaliland 04 March 2008 The people of the African republic of Somaliland voted in 1991 to become an independent nation. They argue that there are enough cultural, political and social differences between them and the peop

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

By Nathan King New York 03 January 2008 The value of the U.S. dollar has dropped about 20 percent against a basket of major currencies in the last five years. This decline has been especially tough for immigrants who work in the United States and sen

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

Report: Migrants Often Scapegoats for Societys Problems A new report says few areas of public policy are subject to greater bias, polarization and political debate than migration. The International Organization for Migration, IOM, calls it one of the

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

The crisis in world financial and stock markets has not dramatically affected most African nations. But African economists say the continent could experience considerable repercussions as lending and investment abilities tighten in the industrialized

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年10月