Commuting by Train Lisa: Can you tell me if this is the right platform for the train to Arlington? Omar: Yes, it is. Is this your first time taking the train? Lisa: Is it that obvious? Omar: No, you just look a little lost. Lisa: Im starting a new jo

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之旅行交通购物

Using a Pawnshop Jamaica: I need to raise some cash right away. I?m thinking of hocking a few things. You?ve used the pawnshop down the street before, right? Nolan: Yeah, a few years ago when I lost my job. I needed a short-term loan to tide me over

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之旅行交通购物

Bidding on Online Auctions Jermaine: Wait! You shouldn?t bid on that auction right now. Wait until the last minute. Bethany: This auction has a buy-it-now price of $25 and free shipping. Jermaine: Don?t pay the buy- it-now price. The minimum bid on t

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之旅行交通购物

Driving Through a Speed Trap Angel: Why are you driving at a snails pace? Georgina: This is an infamous speed trap. I dont want to get a ticket again. Angel: I dont see any squad cars along the road. Are you sure this is the right stretch of road? Ge

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之旅行交通购物

Listening to a Traffic Report Every afternoon before I leave work, I listen to the traffic report to see if I should take my usual route home or make a detour. So today, like every day, I turned on my radio. Its a tough commute today if youre traveli

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之旅行交通购物

ESL Podcast 1182 Finding a Parking Space Alan: We have to find a parking space. Lets drive around the block one more time. Did you say that the restaurant were going to has no off-street parking at all? Sasha: None. When I called the restaurant earli

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之旅行交通购物

ESL Podcast 1173 Flying on a Budget Airline Anton: Its amazing that we were able to get these airline tickets so cheaply. Federica: Its great, isnt it? We can fly to Lawrence City for a fun weekend. Lets check in using this kiosk. Anton: Hmm, this is

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之旅行交通购物

突破口语之情景对话(22):Back from vacation旅行归来 Julie: Hey, Mark, long time no see. Mark: Julie! It's good to see you again. How have you been? Julie: Great. I just got back from a week's vacation in Thailand. Mark: Really? How was it? Julie: Fant

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 突破口语

72.旅行 常用应急场景 范例一:Barney tour Where did you get all these barney tour pamphlets? I took them from a travel agency. Look at those nice pictures, lash forest, palm fringed, white sand beaches, crystal blue ocean, theyre breath-taking. It is

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 白领口语应急

Riding in a Limousine Mandy: Whoo! Whoo! Theo: Hey, get down from there. You shouldn?t be sticking your head out of the sunroof. Mandy: I just wanted to get some air. This stretch limo is amazing. Theo: Well, I thought I?d rent one and take you to th

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之旅行交通购物

Buying a Luxury Car Narin: This car is amazing. Daniel: I know. It has every luxury option available. Narin: This sumptuous interior is so comfortable. Daniel: You haven?t seen anything yet. It has a climate control system for every seat and a voice-

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之旅行交通购物

Poor Road Conditions Alice: Im really glad I let you talk me into going for a bike ride. Its been years since Ive been on a bicycle. Sam: This is the only way to travel. You get to really see the scenery and enjoy the fresh air. Alice: Hey, watch out

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之旅行交通购物

AS IT IS 2016-07-08 Cambodia Can Export Travel Goods to US Duty-Free 柬埔寨可以免税向美国出口旅行用品 Cambodia will now be able to export luggage and other travel goods to the United States without paying some American taxes. 柬埔寨现

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Measuring the brightnesses and colors of the stars in the globular cluster, we can figure out how old they are. Here is the remarkable thing: they are very old. Globular clusters, at least the stars in the globular clusters, in many cases, are almost

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2011年

By comparing the detailed images, Hubble has taken another spiral galaxy. With the best images of our own taken from the ground, and by using satellites to measure the distance and density of stars in different directions, astronomers have been able

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2011年

This is a picture of the Orion Nebula in visible light. We can see all of the gas here located in front of what we know are stars in the background, and we want to be able to look inside this nebula/ and see the stars. In infrared light in this image

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2011年

Cassini has solved the mystery of how at least one of Saturn rails' formed, and this may help solve the bigger mystery of life beyond Earth, * may be the hottest ticket in town, but don't overlook the heavy weight container for the titan lovemoon wit

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Huygens landed on Titan. It/ sent back these few hundred pictures, until the batteries died and the probe froze solid. The probe landed with a thud, on basically a streambed,an area/ littered with rounded cobbles, and showed that these little rocks

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Hopes and dreams of thousands of scientists and engineers are resting on the next few moments. Weve been to Saturn twice before with the voyager I and voyager II spacecraft. But rather than these quick Kodak moments, we want to take a nice long leisu

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Imagine boarding a flight to Saturn, what would you need to know before traveling? The best ringside vantage points? The must-see moons? Think of this as your personal guide to the splendor of the Saturnian system. A wandering spot of light twice as

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年