Message from Ms. Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO, on the Occasion of International Womens Day 联合国教科文组织总干事伊琳娜博科娃女士在国际妇女节的致辞 8 March 2017 2017年3月8日 The story of womens struggle for

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

World Braille Day is on the 4th of January every year. Thats the date of birth of Louis Braille, the manwho invented the system that helps blind people read and write. Braille was a Frenchman who lived between 1809 and 1852. He became blind at the ag

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之就医和人际交往

Whenever I have a technology problem at work, I try to solve it myself. Its not that I know a lot of about technology. In fact, the opposite is true. Im pretty much a computer illiterate, but I still try. Why do I bother? The answer is the IT departm

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Lesson 33 Education 教育 First listen and then answer the following question. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 Why is education democratic in bookless, tribal societies? Education is one of the key words of our time. A man without an educatio

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(775) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第四册

(8) It was, as Bill afterwards expressed it, during a moment of temporary mental apparition, but we didn't find that out till later. 恰如后来比尔说的那样,那阵子简直是一时鬼迷心窍.不过,我们直到后来才明白了这个

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 北外翻译笔记

罗兴亚失学儿童或面临没有希望未来 The future for the Rohingya children of Myanmar looks bleak. 缅甸罗兴亚儿童的未来看上去一片黯淡。 Under the current system, a child would be lucky to complete the fourth grade.They wi

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

September 8 is a very important day all around the world. It is International Literacy Day and it highlights the importance of reading. It was started in 1965 by UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. Its aim is

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

World Read Aloud Day is celebrated each year on the first Wednesday of March. It was started by the LitWorld.org website in 2010 and has now reached 65 countries. Its aim is to encourage the almost 800 million people worldwide who cannot read to enjo

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

September 8 is a very important day all around the world. It is International Literacy Day and it highlights the importance of reading. It was started in 1965 by UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. Its aim is

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

17.More recently, while examining housing construction, the researchers discovered that illiterate, non-English-speaking Mexican workers in Houston, Texas, consistently met best-practice labor productivity standards despite the complexity of the buil

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Diana explained to me once that it was her innermost feeling of suffering that made it possible for her to connect with her constituency of the rejected. And here we come to another truth about her. For all the status, the glamour, the applause, Dian

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

在印度的拉贾斯坦邦,有一所非常特别的学校。这学校主要教育农村成年人(其中很多是文盲),使他们成为他们自己村里的太阳能工程师,艺术家,牙医和医生。这所学校就叫做赤脚大学。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:地球村

(大学)代理校长 Acting President (大学)副校长 Vice President (大学)校长 President/Chancellor (大学)专科 Major Types of Education in China short 2- to 3- year higher education programs (大学的)研究小组;讨论会 seminar (国家

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

My idea of Family Planning Family planning is the most effective way to solve the population problem, the seriousness of which we often underestimate. Quite obviously family planning has so far macle little progress. At a time when half of the world

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

Broadcast: April 14, 2003 By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. The United Nations has launched a new ten-year campaign to increase literacy around the world. People with li

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-社会广角

历年考研英语的高频单词( 3 ~ 13 次) 历年考研英语的高频单词( 2 次) I pron.我 ice n.冰 v.冰冻,冰镇 ice-cream n.冰淇淋 icy a.冰的;冰冷的;结冰的,多冰的

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

Topic 1 College students are being encouraged to do volunteer work in western China. Is it really worthwhile to spend a year or two volunteering in an underdeveloped region? Write an essay of about 400 words to state your view. In the first part of y

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. 消除愚昧 eliminate ignorance 2. 扫除文盲 eliminate (wipe out) illiteracy 3. 营造良好的文化环境 create a healthy cultural environment 4. 促进文化市场健康发展 facilitate the sound development of the markets for cultural pr

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

David Cameron refused to answer a maths question - in case he got it wrong. 为了防止自己回答错,英国首相卡梅伦拒绝回答一道数学题。 The Prime Minister backed plans for every child to be tested on their times table when they

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The next day in the afternoon four of us started out for the hop-fields. The most interesting of the men with me was a youth named Ginger, who is still my mate when I write this. He is a strong, athletic youth of twenty six, almost illiterate and qui

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读