What happens when the biggest tech company in the world stops buying your products? 想象一下,当全球最大的科技公司停止购买你的产品时会发生什么呢? Imagination Technologies is learning that lesson right now -- and it's v

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. plug in,插上...的插头以接通电源。 eg:Will you plug in the tape recorder for me? 请你替我把录音机的插头插上好吗? 2. automatic,自动的;automaticly自动地。 eg:Modern trains have automatic doors. 现代火车都有自动

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 乐宁外教口语天天练

Does Using Technology in the Classroom Help College Students? Almost anywhere in the world, you are likely to find people doing the same thing at eateries and in other public places, on trains and buses or wherever else you look. More and more people

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

近日,《科学》杂志在线报道称,剑桥大学的科学家们通过使用两种干细胞以及一个三维支架,成功地创造出了一个能够自行组装的结构,其发育和构造非常接近自然的小鼠胚胎。科学家的研

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

You will inevitably fight with your spouse over money. Here's how to avoid disaster. 你将不可避免地得跟爱人争家产,我们来手把手教你如何避免灾难。 With apologies to the romantics, on the other side of I do are a few incon

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

US authorities are investigating the first death potentially caused by self-driving technology. 美国当局正在调查可能由无人驾驶技术引起的首例死亡案件。 The driver of a Tesla car died in Florida in May after colliding with a

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

We've all been there, looked at our watches and panicked, just like in Alice in Wonderland. -It's just a rabbit with a waistcoat -- and a watch! -Oh, my dear and whiskers, I'm late! I'm late! I'm late! Now it seems, time is also running out for Smart

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A Lenovo smartphone unveiled last Thursday will be clever enough to grasp your physical surroundings such as the room's size and the presence of other people and potentially transform how we interact with e-commerce, education and gaming. 联想公司于

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(375) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1998年苹果推出iMac,简洁塑料外壳(the simplicity of the plastic),透亮水蓝(sea-green blue),设计精致。最让人称奇的是,电脑镶嵌了凹陷提手(there's a handle on it)。iMac是台式电脑(desktop computer),大多

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Be creative, make new music, do art, invent things, science and technology... 要有创意、创作新的音乐、玩艺术、发明东西、科学、技术的...

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Technology import 技术引进 We'd like to buy your company's know-how. 我们想购买你们公司的专有技术。 Buying the know-how is better than the right to use the patent. 购买专有的技术要比购买专利合作权要好。 Why? 为什

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语话题王

A bear has issues I'll tell you that, all right. 这熊真是有点问题 Let's talk about what's happening on television. 我们来说说电视 Is anyone watching Downtown Abbey? 有人看唐顿庄园吗 If you haven't see it,it's basically The Bach

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

Bringing any new car to market burns cash, and Tesla has been busy raising funds. 新车上市特别烧钱,因此特斯拉公司一直忙于筹集资金。 On March 24th Tencent, a Chinese internet giant that owns WeChat, a popular messaging servic

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Genetically modified cells could eliminate the need for daily injections to treat type 1 diabetes, experts have revealed. 专家透露,有了基因改良细胞,1型糖尿病患者就可不必天天注射胰岛素了。 The human cell line is gene

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Business 商业报道 American industry and fracking 美国工业和水力压裂技术 From sunset to new dawn 从日落到新的黎明 Capitalists, not just greens, are now questioning how significant the benefits of shale gas and oil will be for Am

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Science and technology 科学技术 The future technology of the past 六十年代的未来技术 Thunderbirds are gone 远去的雷鸟号 A British defence firm opens its archives to reveal flights of fancy that never flew 英国防务公司公开档案

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

The Microscopic Technique Each advance in microscopic technique has provided scientists with new perspectives on the function of living organisms and the nature of matter itself. The invention of the visible light microscope late in the sixteenth cen

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Nor did the procedure fulfil any unmet medical need. 此程序也未能满足任何未知医疗需求。 For the child whose genome was edited to confer resistance, the claimed benefit is protection from a virus that she may never encounter 对于为产

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

在几年的雅思教学中,我看到了很多同学的无奈:总分能取得6+,但就是写作得分不尽人意,5或5.5的考生基本上占总数的1/3强。看了很多同学的大作,跟很多同学交流,我觉得主要原因并非不

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语