A: What are you studying all day long for? Its summer vacation! B: I know! I hate it! But Im taking this crash course in math. A: Why? B: I have to take my exams for getting into the university, so I need to prepare. A: Do you think it will help? B:

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

(三)数词 数词分为基数词和序数词 1. 表示大约的词汇:about,approximately,around,roughly,some,more or less, or so; eg:About 200 people were killed in the crash. The town is 5 Miles or so from here. 2. 表示多于的词汇

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 大学四六级阅读

Lowering the Ceiling on Roof Energy Losses Buildings consume about a third of the energy and two-thirds of the electricity in the U.S. Roofs are a good place to try to cut those figures. Because traditional black asphalt roofs heat up in summer and s

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

86 从权利之颠坠落的米洛舍维奇 Milosevic Fall From Power: A Look Back Laurie Kassman London 29 Jun 2001 20:03 UTC Slobodan Milosevic maintained an iron 1)grip on power for 13 years. He ros

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(1)

英文歌词: Ooh I need someone to hold me I need someone to take my hand Who always understands You will never that someone Who's always by my side To shelter me with pride I will keep searching till I've found Someone who never lets me down Someone t

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

I dont know where Im at Im standing at the back and Im tired of waiting 我不知道我在哪 置身黑暗中 厌倦了等待 Im waiting here in line hoping that Ill find what Ive been chasing 我还在这里等待 渴盼找到 我所追寻 I shot fo

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born. So one day he asked God, They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?从前,有个孩子马上就要诞生了。于是有一天他

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Walk through any town or village in the Faroe Islands, located between Iceland and Scotland, and it will be hard not to notice the green grass roofed houses on every street. A local historian says, because of the lack of natural building resources on

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

The helicopter came down at about half-past-ten pm local time on Friday night, the busiest time of the week for the citys many bars and pubs. Eyewitnesses have reported multiple casualties but police have yet to release any details of injuries or dea

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年11月

Helicopter Crashes On Roof 直升飞机坠落屋顶 Police are investigating the cause of the crash 警方正在调查坠机事件的原因 A family and three aircrew escaped unhurt after a police helicopter spun out of the sky and crashed through th

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

2届格莱美奖最佳流行女歌手得主Sarah Mclachlan (莎拉-克劳克兰),以她独濯于一般泛泛流行乐的歌声以及创作,跳脱出流行商业机制的摆弄,仿佛从一处超越俗尘外的境地,将她对音乐与自我的执着,汇成一道清流注入歌坛。这首《Fallen》就在缥缈的背景上渲晕出深邃的美

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

An online shopper has been left dumbfounded after a parcel he ordered was left wedged in his gutter - 20ft above his front door - by a bungling delivery company. 一个英国人在网购后被笨手笨脚的快递公司给惊呆了。他发现自己的

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A middle school in Shanghai's Xuhui district has introduced an innovative architectural feature for the benefit of its students: a basketball court, built on the school's rooftop. 上海徐汇区一所中学为给学生谋福利,推出了一创新建

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

So Apple needed a partner, one that could make a stable operating system, 所以苹果需要一个合作伙伴提供稳定的操作系统, preferably one that was UNIX-like and had an object-oriented application layer. 最好还是像Unix那样的操

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

This did not please Amelio. 这话让阿梅里奥感到很不爽。 Apple's chief technology officer, Ellen Hancock, argued for going with Sun's UNIX-based Solaris operating system, 苹果的首席技术官埃伦汉考克赞成采用Sun公司基于Un

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

He wanted Amelio to help him return to Apple as the CEO. 他想让阿梅里奥帮助他回到苹果担任CEO。 There's only one person who can rally the Apple troops, Jobs said, only one person who can straighten out the company. 只有一个人可以

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

By 1996 Apple's share of the market had fallen to 4% from a high of 16% in the late 1980s. 到1996年,苹果的市场份额已经从80年代末的高达16%下降到4%。 Michael Spindler, the German-born chief of Apple's European operations who had

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(221) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Apple Falling 苹果坠落 For a few years after Jobs was ousted, 在乔布斯出局后的几年, Apple was able to coast comfortably with a high profit margin based on its temporary dominance in desktop publishing. 苹果公司由于暂时统领桌面

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Buckminster Fuller and His Geodesic Dome 巴克敏斯特福乐和他的球型屋顶 Ever heard of a man named Buckminster Fuller, or Bucky, as his friends called him? R. Buckminster Fuller was a twentieth century scientist, philosopher , inventor, an

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Rain is essential for life, but too much of it can lead to flooding, causing sewers to overflow and carry contaminants to nearby river systems. 雨水是生命的必需品,但雨量太大会导致洪灾,下水道会积水外溢,并将污染物带

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(1542) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2019年(二月)