Al right.so we have the Haunted Hallway back there. 好的 我们在后台有恐怖长廊 And we've sent audience members thought it,we've sent some of our guests through it,and i've been talking about this,and Portia's constantly saying,I don't know

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之商务英语

Tiger, terror of the jungle. By Mary Hastings Bradley 老虎,森林恐怖之王,马里哈斯丁布莱德利 To us in America the tiger is an interesting animal; but to the people of the jungle he is a constant terror, 对于美国人,老虎是一

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

The land was ghostly with the first signs of morning, 清晨第一缕阳光让大地变得十分诡异。 and through the grayness the giant pines rose darkly like columns in some dim underground vault. 在灰暗中,一棵棵巨松在黑暗中耸立,

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

Quickly now and loudly we counted the whiskers and tied them with grass to protect them from the natives. 我们大声地数着老虎的胡须,将胡须和杂草捆在一起,从而保护土著居民。 For tiger whiskers are the most useful sort

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

My eyes raced down the barrel of my rifle in frantic fear lest the tiger be gone. 我的眼睛扫过枪管,生怕老虎会消失。 The tiger was there, to the right of the buffalo, a picture of savage life and death. 老虎在这里,在水牛的左

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

There is a foreign festival connected with pumpkin, but I cannot remember. 在国外有一个与南瓜相关的节日,但是,我记不起那是什么节日了。 Are you talking about Halloween? 你是说万圣节吗? We used to have a party an

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语就该这么说

(HOPKINSVILLE, Ky.,USA)Two women are dead of ter being shot by the estranged husband of one of the victims. (美国肯德基州霍普金斯维市报道)两名妇女被枪杀身亡,开枪的是其中一名遇难者已分居的丈夫。 The shoot

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄英语新闻听力通

Over the next 90 million years, a new era called the Cretaceous period dawned. 在接下来的九千万年里,开始了一个叫做白垩纪的新时期。 Broader-leaf plants that could tolerate seasonal weather changes covered the land. 能够忍受

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

Mitch Lowe, chief executive of MoviePass (and a former Netflix executive), professes to be undaunted by the losses. MoviePass的首席执行官米奇罗威(前Netflix执行官)声称无惧损失。 He says that the most frequent cinema-goers have

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

3. 担心恐惧 三句英文任你选 I take thought of you. 我很担心你。 Horrible/Terrible! 好恐怖啊! It gave me goose bumps. 吓得我起了一身鸡皮疙瘩。 半个句型要记牢 Take thought of sb. (担心某人) Tip:意思相当于

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语口语每天三句半

Survivors Remember Horror of Laos Dam Collapse Samled Inthavong of Attepeu Province, Laos, was trying to get his family into a boat when a building hit his house. A dam had collapsed several kilometers away and water was speeding toward Attepeu, pull

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

[全屏观看] 点击右键- 另存为 可保存这个Flash影片 游戏说明: 游戏介绍:面对身材恐怖的对手,千万不要慌乱。 操作指南:方向键和SD键操作!

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 好玩英语小游戏

US Attacks - A Horrific Political Message Jim Randle Beijing 11 Sep 2001 21:00 UTC Experts who study terrorism say one goal of the 1)horrific attacks on New York and Washington was to gain attention.

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(5)

AS IT IS 2016-05-06 Thousands Flee Fires in Alberta, Canada 加拿大史上最恐怖森林大火!阿尔伯塔省数万人全员撤离 A raging forest fire in the Canadian province of Alberta forced the evacuation of 88,000 residents this week. Canadi

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Here are some happy vampire bats. What's causing all this giddiness? A great, big, fat meal has arrived. You can practically hear these bats going Oh, boy! Oh, boy! Better yet, the victim is asleep. This is gonna be like, well, taking blood from a sl

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

模仿文本: It's June 19th, 1973. Late at night at a tiny fringe theatre in London, a new comedy musical is about to open. Just before the curtain goes up on the Rocky Horror Show, a storm suddenly breaks. 译文: 那是1973年6月19日。在伦敦

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

讲解文本: scary 可怕的,恐怖的,吓人的 Grandpa told me a scary ghost story. 爷爷给我讲了一个可怕的鬼故事。 I don't like this movie, it's too scary. 我不喜这部电影,太吓人了。 疯狂练习吧!

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

Science and technology 科学技术 Robots and psychology 机器人与心理学 Mapping the uncanny valley 了解恐怖谷理论 Why androids are scary 为什么人形机器人那么吓人 Who are you calling inhuman? 你说谁不像人呢? ARTIFIC

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: What makes a good horror story? Sure, you could throw in some hideous monsters, fountains of blood, and things jumping out from every corner, but as classic horror author H.P. Lovecraft wrote, Th

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

M: Oh, I hate black. S: Its not for long. Mama says we can go into half-mourning next month. And back to colours by September. M: Still seems a lot for a cousin. E: But not a fiance? M: He wasnt really a fiance. E: No? I thought that was what you ca

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音