A grumble went down the line. A crew member ran out of the dining tent, followed by another. They raced past. I dont believe this, one of them said as she ran by. Whats going on? asked Benny. A moment later, another member of the dining hall crew wal

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 76 The Great Bicycle Race Myst

After Mr. Lee had gone, Benny said, Ill tell you what lets do. Lets drive around behind the Tower House. If we go very slowly maybe we can see a back window. We wouldnt seem to be looking. Fine, said Henry. I cant believe those stories about a hundre

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 16 Mystery in the Sand

Benny held the locket, turning it over in his hand. I think we ought to go right to Beach-wood and return the locket, he said. Not so fast, Ben, said Henry. Maybe the locket doesnt belong to the people who live there now. If there are any peopleyou r

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 16 Mystery in the Sand

Henry, Jessie, Violet, and Sara all looked back down the street to see who was following them. But the only people they saw were a young couple sitting on a bench and a mother pushing a stroller. Are you sure, Benny? Henry asked. I dont see anyone no

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 75 The Mystery of the Empty Sa

Violet was hardly in the car when the questions began. What happened in there? Benny asked. Youre all right? Jessie wanted to know. Miss Smith didnt scare you today, did she? asked Henry. Violet laughed. It was all a surprise, she said. Its hard to k

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 16 Mystery in the Sand

The next morning was very cold. Benny did not want to get up at all. No, he said, it is so cold that Im not going to get out of bed. Henry looked out at the ocean. I have an idea, he said. Its too cold outside today. Lets all stay inside and paint ou

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2 Surprise Island 奇异岛

When Mr. Alden met his grandchildren at noon they were all bursting with news. Mr. Alden certainly had news, too, but he did not tell it then. Nobody thought of lunch. They were too busy talking. Henry was the one to tell his grandfather about the to

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 10 Schoolhouse Mystery

Henry, Jessie, Violet, and Grandfather sat quietly in the big caboose. Nobody spoke. The train rattled along. At last Jessie said, I cant stand this. Im going to see if Benny is in the little caboose. I hope you dont mind, Grandfather. Mr. Alden said

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 11 Caboose Mystery

Who is he? Henry asked Jessie. Benny noticed the way the man strolled, as if he had all the time in the world. He was the guy in the Captain Fantastic suit at the antiques show! he said. Remember, I said he was too slow to be Captain Fantastic? Viole

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 93 The Comic Book Mystery

It was the Mona Lisa Henry told Grandfather that evening at dinner. Shes the lady with the famous smile. And thanks to Violet, added Jessie, helping herself to the roasted potatoes, we finally figured it out. Benny, who was pouring gravy onto his roa

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 92 The Tattletale Mystery

Solving mysteries is hard work, Benny said as they wheeled their bikes back onto the road. But its fun, too, he quickly added. Thats for sure! Jessie said. And the others agreed. The Aldens were never happier than when they were figuring out clues. H

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 92 The Tattletale Mystery

My muscles real strong now! Benny said as he and the other Aldens climbed to the third floor of the Bugbee House the next day. Nan was following right behind, rushing as usual to get the Aldens working and out of her way. After three days, the Aldens

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 85 Disappearing Staircase Myst

No dessert? Grandfather Alden sounded surprised. Not even you, Benny? The Aldens had just finished dinner together. Grandfather knew that Benny always had room for dessert. I had ice cream this afternoon, Benny said. Two free scoops. Big ones, said H

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 94 The Ice Cream Mystery

Henry and Dave Baylor, a Senior Counselor, were in charge of the six- and seven-year-old Dolphin boys. They introduced themselves to the campers. Since Dave had work to do at the waterfront, Henry led the boys to the cabin on his own. This way, Dolph

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 82 The Summer Camp Mystery

After the Flag Ceremony, Henry and Jessie fetched their trunks. They quickly dropped them off at their cabins. In no time, they caught up to everyone heading to Evergreen Lodge for breakfast. It was Blueberry Pancake Day. Nobody wanted to miss that!

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 82 The Summer Camp Mystery

The next morning, as the Aldens walked toward the Elbow Bend State Park visitors center, they saw Dr. Sage and Brad. Henry and Jessie had told Violet and Benny about the scientist, and Lainey and Kate Frances had promised to introduce them. But the t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 81 The Mystery of the Midnight

The Aldens stared as the strange man hurried away. Do you think he was trying to steal that dog? asked Violet. Jessie put her hands on her hips. I dont know. It sure looked like it. But how could he, in the middle of a dog show with so many people ar

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 35 The Mystery at the Dog Show

The apartment above Piccolos Pizza wasnt empty for long. Mr. Alden and Watch left for Greenfield just as soon as the children got their luggage from the car. Grandfather promised to return in a couple of weeks. And they promised him a large Pizza Sup

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 36 The Castle Mystery

I want to make a surprise for Sunny, announced Benny the next morning after the Aldens and the Teagues had finished breakfast and Grandfather had taken the Teagues on a tour of Greenfield. Benny and his brother and two sisters had gone to their boxca

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 35 The Mystery at the Dog Show

The Greenfield Center, where the dog show was being held, was a big new building at the edge of town. As the Aldens approached it the next day, they could see cars and trucks and vans arriving, and people hurrying in and out. The sign out front read

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 35 The Mystery at the Dog Show