The Da Vinci Code (Movie) The murder of the Louvre's chief curator puts his granddaughter, cryptographer Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tautou), and symbols expert Robert Langdon (Tom Hanks) on the trail of an ancient, mysterious society founded during the ti

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐新天地Trailer 2006

227. The unrestricted universe漫无边际的宇宙 unique-unwieldy The universe is unmatched in its intricacies. Each planet, each star is unique. Though our universe seems anything but unpredictable, with revolutions of planets and comets accuratel

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

19. Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin in 1994 Received the Nobel Peace Prize in the Speech 19. 以色列总理拉宾1994年在接受诺贝尔和平奖时的演讲 Since I don't believe that there was any precedent that one person got the Nobel Pri

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲

To Benjamin Baily. Inverary, 18th July My dear Bailey; I am certain I have not a right feeling towards Womenat this moment I am striving to be just to them but I cannotIs it because they fall so far beneath my boyish imagination? When I was a schoolb

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

By Heda Bayron Hong Kong 26 September 2007 Diplomats involved in the six-nation North Korean nuclear talks have begun arriving in Beijing to hold what they say is a critical round of negotiations. VOA's Heda Bayron reports from our Asia News Center i

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

Lorraine tried on each one of the tops. They all fit her well. Im getting fat, she said, looking in the mirror. Quinn agreed, but told her that she could get as wide as the mirror itself and he would still love her. Ill never get that fat, she swore.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Economics Report - Two American Professors Win Nobel for Studies on Effects of Economic Policy 经济报道 - 两名美国教授因研究经济政策的影响获得诺贝尔奖 This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. 这里是美国之音慢速

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十)月

By Paul Sisco Washington, DC 28 July 2006 watch Medical Secrets report Submersible in search for rare plant and animals in the deep Oceanographers using deep water submersibles believe they are rapidly getting closer to creating drugs that can great

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(七月)

By Dan Robinson Washington 25 May 2007 U.S. Congressional Democrats say the passage of funding legislation for Iraq, even without setting a timetable for a U.S. withdrawal, marks a major step forward in efforts to end the war there. VOA's Dan Robinso

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

India has launched its first unmanned mission to the Moon. The mission is a major boost to the country's space program, as India joins Asian nations China and Japan in exploring the Moon. Anjana Pasricha has a report from New Delhi. In this photo pr

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十月)

Chocolate lovers around the world take note: two separate groups of scientists have unraveled the genetic code of your favorite sweet. It's good news for the millions of small farmers in Africa, Asia and Latin America whose livelihoods depend on the

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

Researchers Seek Ways to Help Damaged Brains Heal 研究人员寻找修复脑损伤的方法 HOUSTONNormal brain activity results from those cells called neurons linking together in complex networks, and researchers are seeking a better understanding

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十二月)

Most birds don't have penises. Good, I have your attention. Of course, female birds don't have penises. But, neither do most males. Now researchers have unravel the genetics behind the dispearance of this anatomical apparatus. Their penetrating insig

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

Shoelace Study Untangles a Knotty Problem 鞋带易结也易解 Youre strolling down the street or maybe hauling that load of laundry down a flight of stairs when all of a sudden. [sound fx] Your laces come undone. If youve ever pondered what precipi

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(四)月

This vast secret ocean of seething metallic hydrogen, not a molten iron core, is the power house generating Jupiters dangerous energy shroud. But there is one more mystery hidden inside this giant alien onion, the key to the origin of the planets the

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Beginners. The D'Anjou bakery is a special place to visit that is located quite close to Wenatchee. A quick drive on the highway, past the town of Cashmere, will take you to this place of delights. If you are not careful, you will miss the turn-off,

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Beginners. My children love Scooby-Do. I love Scooby-Do. In fact, I have not met a person who does not like it. The happy gang of friends consists of: Shaggy, Scooby, Wilma, Daphney, and Freddy. They travel around in the 'Mystery Machine' and get int

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 15 December 2006 A former Ugandan minister who has mediated peace efforts between the government and the rebel Lord's Resistance Army says she is optimistic that a peace deal can be reached. Lisa Schlein in Geneva interviewed

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十二月)

India's stock markets have plunged to a three-year low despite assurances by top officials that Asia's third largest economy can be cushioned from the global economic turmoil. As Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi, the Central Bank is infusing m

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十月)

India's stock markets have plunged to a three-year low despite assurances by top officials that Asia's third largest economy can be cushioned from the global economic turmoil. The Central Bank is infusing more liquidity in the financial system in a b

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年10月