Could a Tattoo Cost You a Job? 文身会让你失去工作么? In the 1960s U.S., a tattoo was usually a sign of anti-social or illegal activity. Few people had them. Today, at least one in five Americans has a tattoo, including sports stars, actors

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Reverend W Awdry MON 19 OCT 1964 Roy Plomley's castaway is the creator of Thomas the Tank Engine Reverend W Awdry

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

JEFFREY BROWN: Arizona officials today declared that Democratic House candidate Kyrsten Sinema won her race for the Ninth District, which means she will be the first openly bisexual person to serve in Congress. Her election follows some strong messag

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

唐顿庄园第一季第七集_6 [INT. SERVANTS' HALL - DAY] DAISY Maybe we should knit something. MISS O'BRIEN Oh, yes, I'm sure they'd love a pair of booties knitted by you. WILLIAM Or what about a Christening mug? THOMAS They can buy their own sil

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第一季

唐顿庄园第二季第八集_1 [INT. GREAT HALL - DAY] CORA We can put the presents in the drawing room against the window. MRS HUGHES Very good, milady. [Mrs Hughes leaves to take care of it.] ISOBEL I suppose we do have to display all the present

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

NB: This is not a word for word transcript Alice: Hello, I'm Alice. Stephen: And I'm Stephen. Alice: And this is 6 Minute English! This week were talking about sat navs. Stephen: Sat navs thats short for satellite navigation systems. Alice: Theyre th

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

Mr. Chairman, Senator Thurmond, members of the committee, my name is Anita F. Hill, and I am a professor of law at the of , in 1956. I am the youngest of 13 children. I had my early education in My childhood was one of a lot of hard work and not much

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

Mr. Chairman, Senator Thurmond, members of the committee, my name is Anita F. Hill, and I am a professor of law at the of , in 1956. I am the youngest of 13 children. I had my early education in My childhood was one of a lot of hard work and not much

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

纽约市政府出台新政策,政府将向低收入非裔家庭提供免费的助产服务,已改善这些家庭的新生儿高死亡率。 Amadoma Bediako is a retired grade school teacher. But she's still dispensing plenty of information - the

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈健康系列

唐顿庄园第二季第七集_4 [INT. MATTHEWS GUEST BEDROOM - NIGHT] [Bates helps Matthew into bed.] MATTHEW Youve done this before. Bates, can I ask you something? If I started to feel atingling in my legs, what do you think that might mean? MR BA

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

唐顿庄园第二季第七集_2 [INT. SERVANTS' HALL - DAY] [Mrs Patmore brings some food to the table.] ANNA Will you miss the extra staff, Mrs Patmore? MRS PATMORE Not really. When push comes to shove, I'd rather do it myself. Though God knows wha

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

唐顿庄园第一季第七集_2 [INT. SERVANTS' HALL - DAY] [Miss O'Brien reads a letter and Bates regards her as she looks up and closes it.] MISS O'BRIEN Fancy a smoke? THOMAS Don't mind if I do. [Thomas follows her out as William enters.] WILLIAM

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第一季

唐顿庄园第一季第五集_8 [INT. SERVANTS' CORRIDOR - EVENING] ANNA I think I know where that snuff box is. MR BATES Where? ANNA Hidden in your room. MR BATES You don't think ANNA 'Course I don't, silly beggar. MR BATES Then-- ANNA I bet Thomas

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第一季

Somewhere this morning, there's some pint-sized kid, shooting baskets on some dimly-lit outdoor court, his arms barely able to lift the basketball, willing the ball toward the rim. 一天早上,一个略显矮小的小孩在某处光线暗淡的室外

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

小提琴家Natalie MacMaster 和TED音乐总监Thomas Dolby共同演奏Dolby的原创歌曲《蓝色是条河》,这超脱的二重奏还有点小伴舞。

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

唐顿庄园第一季第一集_7 [INT. GUEST BEDROOM - NIGHT] THOMAS I don't believe that. DUKE OF CROWBOROUGH Well, believe what you like. He won't break the entail. The unknown cousin gets everything and Mary's inheritance will be the same as it al

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(399) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第一季

ACT TWO [ SERVANTS' CORRIDOR - DAY] [A man walks with a cane and a travel bag.] [ LADY MARY'S BEDROOM - DAY] [O'Brien holds a white cloth as she talks to Anna and Gwen as the house maids make the bed.] MISS O'BRIEN \Neither of them were picked up,\ t

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(807) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第一季

ACT THREE [INT. KITCHENS - DAY] MRS PATMORE Thomas, take that up. [Daisy moves to help him.] MRS PATMORE Easy, Daisy, he's a grown man! I suppose he can lift a meat pie. [Daisy smiles brightly at Thomas as he exits with the tray.] MRS PATMORE Now, pu

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(417) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第一季

唐顿庄园第二季第八集_9 [INT. LADY MARY'S BEDROOM - DAY] [Mary enters as Anna is finishing the bed.] ANNA Oh, I'm sorry, milady, I didn't think you'd want to change tonight. LADY MARY I don't. I just need a handkerchief. ANNA How's Her Ladys

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(284) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季

唐顿庄园第二季第八集_8 [INT. LAVINIA'S GUEST BEDROOM] [Isobel sits by Lavinia's bedside, but stands as Matthew enters.] MATTHEW What a marathon, but I think I got them all. Everyone sends love. I've told your father I'll telegraph him as so

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(296) / 评论(0) 分类 唐顿庄园第二季