我电话占线! Storyline: Thomas was trying to get a hold of Sandy, but her line was always busy. Sandy: Why didn't you call me yesterday? Thomas: I tried to get a hold of you, but I couldn't get through. Sandy: What time did you call? Thomas: I

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 step by step 3000 第三册

Now, the weekly Special English program American Stories. Our story today is called The Wide Net. It was written by Eudora Welty. Here is Larry West with the story. William Wolas Jameson's wife Hazel was going to have a baby. But this was October and

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国故事

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act ! Action will delineate and define you.----Thomas Jefferson 你想知道你是什么样的人吗?不要问。行动!行动将会勾画并且定义你。托马斯杰斐逊 图片1

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2017.02

第37期:追问人力资源部 萧何知道人力资源部管理很多事务,他想进一步了解一些情况,于是他向托马斯询问了一些相关问题。 Xiao He: What does Human Resources Department do? Thomas: Hiring, firing, training,

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英语口语

Explanation: There is a funny story that shows how many Americans think of Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States. One day, President John F. Kennedy (our thirty-fifth president) was in the White House, which is the building wher

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

Gotham This is your only warning. Abandon the city, or _________1_________. The last will and _________2________: Thomas Wayne. In the event of my death, I hereby declare that all my worldly possessions pass to my son, Bruce Wayne. Bruce, I ask that

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

Amazon GIS 亚马逊地理信息系统 In the Amazon, there's a growing human population in a region that also contains 30% of Earth's total plants and animals. Learn how scientists have put together an Internet window to the Amazon -- today on Earth and Sky

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 (科普英语)Earth and Sky

GWEN IFILL: A small American team of military, law enforcement and hostage negotiators is arriving in Nigeria today to help the girls. For more on that effort, I'm joined by U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs Linda Thomas-Greenfiel

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Thomas was not hot. He was not warm either. He was cold. The weather was not hot. The weather was not warm either. The weather was cold. Thomas did not like to be cold. He looked for his jacket. He found his jacket. He put on his jacket. But he was s

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

Americans Thomas Sargent and Christopher Sims share the 2011 Nobel prize in economics for providing ways to understand the impact of policy changes on the economy. The prize is based on old research that is of great interest in the current global fin

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

尽管今天我们用loom来表示“织布机”,但hairloom和这个关系并不大。Heirloom是一个复合词,由heir和loom两部分组成。 Heirloom里的heir表示“继承人,后嗣”,

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

skin deep-Natasha Thomas You're telling me that I'm your queen 你告诉我,在你心中,我是女王 That nothing matches me. 没有什么东西能配得上我 You're making me feel like a dream 你让我犹如置身梦中 The way you flatter me

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

WASHINGTON, March 18 (Xinhua)-- U.S. President Barack Obama on Monday tapped Thomas Perez, the federal assistant attorney general for civil rights, as the new Labor Secretary. If confirmed by the Senate, he would be the first Hispanic chosen for Obam

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Say Hello - Rosie Thomas If I find him 如果我找到他 If I just follow 只是跟随着他 Would he hold me and never let me go 他会不会抓紧我再也不让我走 Would he let me borrow his wool winter coat 他会不会让我借去他的羊毛冬

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

The Presidential election of 1800 was bitterly fought. Adams and Jefferson had become enemies. Aaron Burr also sought the Presidency and made backroom deals trying to win. In the end, Thomas Jefferson won, and Aaron Burr was elected Vice President. J

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

In 1884, at the height of his success, Tom suffered a terrible loss. His wife Mary died of an illness. She was only twenty-nine years old. Tom had his children stay in New York City. His electricity business was there. He wanted to spend as much time

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

JUDY WOODRUFF: We take a closer look at Iran's role in Yemen and its nuclear negotiations with the U.S. Joining me is Thomas Erdbrink, The New York times' Tehran bureau chief, some of whose video reports we've aired on the NewsHour. He's in New York

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Yeah it's been a really long year Flew to Oklahoma That's where he got down on one knee When I told my mom she was in tears The day we pulled out her wedding gown She hadn't looked at it in 40 years And I, I watched her reminisce for awhile Just 19 a

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

I've always been counted out my whole life 我一直都被忽视着 Oh, he is doing alright but he's still too small 人们都说,他挺努力的但可惜太矮了 I just want to show people I can play 我只想向人们证明我可以做到 I hope

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂

Chapter 5 第5章 Virginia and Maryland 弗吉尼亚和马里兰 31. The Virginia Company, 1606. 31.弗吉尼亚公司(1606年) English people were now beginning to think in earnest of founding colonies. 现在英国人开始认真地思考创建

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史