RYAN: I am kind of nervous. SARAH: Nervous? Why? RYAN: I don't know. I never went to a church before. I was not raised as a Christian, so I don't know what to do. SARAH: Don't worry. You don't have to do anything. All you have to do is listen. You w

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(217) / 评论(0) 分类 留学英语口语

[00:41.92]And obviously, Jonathan, youll be looking at Halley. 当然,到时你会望着希莉 [00:43.44]- (Laughter) - And thats when the actual ceremony will conclude. 然后大礼告成 [00:49.96]- Excuse me. I need some help over here. - What? 对

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-缘分天注定

1. A senior Iraqi military commander says the Islamic State fighters are putting up a tough fight in Ramadi. Iraqi forces are trying to retake that city which is west to Baghdad. 2. About 100 people in Chicago went to a ritual outside the home where

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(十二)月

The Future Of Males Have you ever heard predictions that one day women will be able to have babies without men? It turns out that some species of the Whiptail lizard have figured out how to do this and completely eliminated the male sex. Females Clon

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Does the fair sex(the fair sex: women) have the bigger mouth? According to UK-based study, you bet your sweet mildly contagious bippy they do.(bippy: an unspecified part of the anatomy, usually used in the phrase You bet your sweet bippy) And now res

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2009

Lucy checks her alarm, or her alarm clock, to make sure that it is on and then she lays down. 露西检查她的闹铃,或者闹钟,确定是开着的,然后躺下了。 To lay, lay, down means to put your body onto the bed. 躺下的意思就是

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL露西的一天

1. overcome,战胜,克服。 eg:The learner of a second language has many obstacles to overcome. 第二语言学习者有许多障碍要克服。 2. barrier,障碍,阻碍。 eg:They soon overcame the language barrier. 不久他们便克服了语言

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

【NPR边听边练】致力于提供新鲜有趣、饶有意味的时讯资料,致力于通过精听的方式促进听力提高,致力于不断开阔眼界和深入了解美国观点。 精听建议: 先完整地把一条新闻听一到三遍,争

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

I'm looking forward to having that ritual, a ritual, ritual, is something that you do on a regular schedule 我期待能有这样的惯例,惯例(ritual)是指你定期做某事 or at a regular time every day or maybe every week or every month,

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL杰夫的一天

This episode is called Getting Ready for Bed and Going to Sleep. 这一部分叫做睡前准备和睡觉。 At 10:30, I decide to get ready for bed, to do the things I need to do so I can go to sleep. 晚上10:30,我决定上床睡觉,做我需要做

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 ESL杰夫的一天

Our body is a flower as grass becomes green in the springtime, so our hearts will open and blossom and then they will die. The god of poetry was also the god of flowers, music and joy. But while he’

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 远古的回响

Every summer for the past 15 years, Cambodian-American adoptees and their families have come from around the country to gather in the state of Colorado. The families take part in a special camp in the Rocky Mountains. It is called the Cambodian Herit

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

AS IT IS 2015-09-25 More than 700 Crushed to Death Near Mecca 麦加踩踏事故逾700人遇难 More than 700 people were crushed to death Thursday near Mecca, Saudi Arabia, in a stampede. More than 800 others were injured. The victims were part of t

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(285) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Topics - Betty Friedan and The Feminine Mystique; Taos Pueblos; admist versus among versus between; stuck in reverse; to keep minutes to lose hours Words: womens rights movement advocate society mystique feminine homemaker synonymous with to inhabit

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Todd: Michael, what time did you get up this morning? Mike: About 7, no 6. Todd: Really, is that like your normal schedule? Mike: I usually get up around 6. (Yeah) Yeah. Go to bed around 11. Get up at 6. On a good day, sometimes go to bed later. Todd

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

An Andean priest in Lima, Peru The media often portray fireworks as how much of the world marks the start of a new year but many cultures also turn to their religious and cultural roots. Shinto shrines in Japan become the center of a ritual to leave

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Weddings are a sacred ritual and formal expression of love between two people promising to spend the rest of their lives together. 婚礼是一种神圣的仪式,它表达了两个人要携手余生的决心。 And as such, the importance of such a

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

【生词预览】 watering hole夜总会,shot烈酒,ritual习惯 【笑话原文】 An Alcohol Tester I stopped at my favorite watering hole after a hard days work to relax. I noticed a man next to me order a shot and a beer. The man drank the s

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

But I mean,come on,for if you're a girl,are you kidding me 我的意思 所有女孩都懂吧 And so Nicole,your first time working with Simon and how are you feeling working with Simon Nicole 你第一次与Simon合作 有什么感想 How am I feeli

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

地点:莫妮卡公寓 人物:瑞秋,莫妮卡,菲比 事件:莫妮卡、瑞秋、菲比三人准备举行仪式告别坏男人。 Rachel: How did we end up with these jerks? We're good people! 瑞秋:我们怎么会和这些浑蛋在一起

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台