SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Parkinson's Disease By Caty Weaver and Oliver Chanler Broadcast: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm Sarah Long

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

英语作文 1st paragragh:introductory 2nd:difficult 3rd:positive things for society 4th:conclusion Racial harmony is national fortune The writer is a visitor from China. He was greatly impressed by Singapore's racial harmony and it prompted him to wri

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Roller skates and bumblebees holding hands and grazing knees dressing up and falling down paul and mike are coming round being good to stay up late forget to shut the garden gate built a house up in a tree been making plans since I was three coz time

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

Preity Zinta is one of Indias most celebrated actresses. She has appeared in both Bollywood and English-language movies. In addition to acting, she is a writer, stage performer and philanthropist. She is also a businesswoman and co-owns a top Indian

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

By Faiza Elmasry The weeks leading up to Christmas make up the busiest shopping season of the year, especially for toys. But there are millions of children whose families can't afford a shopping trip

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--世界经济

凯兰贝蒂有很惊人的简历。她是印度警察局的总指挥,在此之前她还管理了印度最令人头疼的一个监狱。在监狱管理中她把重点转移到预防罪案和监狱教育,把监狱变成了一个学习和冥想的中

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:罪与罚

Business is the most popular subject for international students in the United States. At last count, twenty-one percent of foreign students at American colleges and universities were studying business and management. The Institute of International Ed

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

By Franz Wild Abidjan 16 March 2006 In Benin, the two leading candidates in the first round of presidential elections are trying to gain support from those candidates who fared poorly in the first rou

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(三月)

Faiza Elmasry | Washington, DC 21 December 2009 Photo: http://dtourmovie.com Music is a challenge and joy for Pat Spurgeon A new documentary about a man's search for a living kidney donor combines medical drama and rock music. Pat Spurgeon is the dru

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Kemal Kilicdaroglu addresses the CHP congress in Ankara, Turkey, 22 May 2010 The new leader of Turkey's main opposition party is being heralded by much of the media as the Gandhi of Turkey because of his quiet demeanor and tendency to reject ostentat

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

Kenyan President Mwai Kibaki is considering whether to sign a price control bill into law that would allow the government to set prices on basic items such as maize, wheat, cooking oil and petrol. Kenya's parliament approved the measure in June. Supp

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

Cain Surges to Lead in US Republican Presidential Race Georgia businessman Herman Cain is the surprise leader in the race for the Republican Party's presidential nomination, according to the latest poll. But some political analysts question whether C

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

Manning Testifies in Wikileaks Pre-Trial Hearing To Bradley Mannings supporters, gathered on a cold rainy day outside the base where the hearings were under way, he is a hero. To U.S. military prosecutors, Manning is a traitor who leaked hundreds of

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

-Mardi Gras is a traditional holiday celebrated in many of the southern states of the USA. The most famous celebration takes place in New Orleans, Louisiana. The people there enjoy this celebration by going to parades where they catch beads, doubloon

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Selwyn(全名:Selwyn Pretorius,1982年出生于Durban, South Africa)是来自于西澳地区,佩斯州的RB歌手。后面大概就是他参加过一个叫 Popstars 2的真人秀,虽然没有进入最后,但是他获得了一份唱片和约。 他的第一支单曲Buggin me'在2001年发行,随后在2002年它发行了

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Kangaroo mother care, it's a technique for mothers to bond with their newborns immediately after delivery. And the name kind of gives away what this is all about. Naked newborns are placed on their mother's bare chest, a little l

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

By Jim Malone Washington 13 September 2007 One of the leading contenders for the Republican Party's presidential nomination next year is former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani. Giuliani won praise for his handling of the aftermath of the September

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

By Margaret Besheer United Nations 02 April 2008 The U.N. Security Council will hold a high-level meeting with African leaders later this month in New York to discuss continuing conflicts in sub-Saharan Africa. From U.N. headquarters in New York, VOA

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

One hundred years ago, a Delaware chemical tycoon, William duPont, ordered a train depot built at Montpelier, which was once the Virginia estate of America's fourth president, James Madison. DuPont owned Montpelier at the time. The station was needed

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

Pair of boots and a sack of clothes Free and easy down the road I go Hangin' memories on the high line poles Free and easy down the road I go Free and easy down the road I go Ragweed's rockin' on the radio Free and easy down the road I go So I keep r

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐