Mardi Gras is French for Fat Tuesday. It is the name of a celebration that takes place on the day before Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of the 40-day period of Lent. Mardi Gras is the final day of a three-day period, which starts on the Sun

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Prime Minister's broadcast 10 November 2000 - Pre-Budget Report If your home or business is flooded, or your journey to work badly disrupted because of floods or work on the railways, it's not been a pleasant time. I saw for myself last week the dev

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 布莱尔首相演讲

HEALTH REPORT-Testing for Pre-Diabetes By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: April 17, 2002 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. American health experts say more people should be tested for a condit

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

FAITH LAPIDUS: Welcome to American Mosaic in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im Faith Lapidus. Today, we listen to new music from pop singer Katy Perry And we answer a question about famous dancer, choreographer and teacher Isadora Duncan ... But first,

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Twenty years ago this week, President George H.W. Bush signed the Americans with Disabilities Act, or ADA. It mandates minimum standards for the inclusion of the disabled in public buildings, the workplace and other areas. An anniversary celebration

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

THE MAKING OF A NATION - American History: Kennedy Becomes President STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. Im Steve Ember. (MUSIC) We begin this week's story on January twentieth, nineteen sixty-one,

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Lil Eddie是一个出色的音乐人,相信一定会比歌手更加懂得如何去理解歌曲,在幕后的辛勤付出终于等来台前的完美演出,他亲自为自己量身打造专辑及单曲,也与众多当红歌星合唱..如今提起Lil' Eddie是无人不知无人不晓了,今年年初,Lil' Eddie发行了一张名为The Official

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today, we travel far and wide to learn about some of the rarest languages in the world. Experts say over half of the world's seven thousand languag

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十二)月

Health Report - How Early Treatment Can Limit the Spread of HIV This is the VOA Special English Health Report. For people infected with HIV, the earlier they start treatment, the better -- and better not just for them. A new study shows that early tr

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Brain-Computer Interfaces Could Mean More Freedom for the Disabled This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. Since the nineteen seventies, scientists have been searching for ways to link the brain with computers. Brain-computer interface, or

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Pre-Teens Enter Universities in Canada, US Jeremy Shuler and Cendikiawan Suryaatmadja, also known as Diki, are starting a new year in school. Both boys are 12 years old. But unlike other children, Diki is studying physics at the University of Waterlo

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

The popular uprising in Libya, unlike others in the region, has turned into armed conflict. On the front lines, rebels dodge Libyan air strikes and fire back at Libyan military jets overhead. The rebels are a mixed group, but all share the desire to

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

A: I need to see if I qualify for a home loan. B: I can help you. How much money do you make per year? A: I make around one hundred thousand dollars per year. B: How long have you been on your current job? A: I have only worked at this job for 6 mont

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

A: I want to go house shopping, and I want to know what I can afford to buy. B: There is a formula that can help us figure that out. What is your annual salary? A: I earn sixty-five thousand dollars per year. B: What is the length of time that you ha

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买房

By Joe Bavier Abidjan 02 March 2006 In the second in a series of VOA reports profiling the leading candidates in Sunday's presidential election in Benin, Joe Bavier looks at four-time candidate Bruno

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(三月)

International visual effects experts have recently gathered at the Beijing International Film Festival, promoting an application of high-quality Previsualization on Chinese films. They claim the function to visualize complex scenes in a movie before

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Kerry Set to Be Democratic Presidential Nominee Meredith Buel U.S. Senator John Kerry has all but clinched the Democratic nomination for president, and his main rival, Senator John Edwards, is expecte

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

By Kari Barber Dakar 19 March 2007 Mauritanian presidential candidate Sidi Ould Cheikh Abdellahi casts his vote in Nouakchott, 11 March 2007 The third-place finisher in Mauritania's first round of presidential polls, Zeine Ould Zeidane, has thrown in

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(三月)

Becky was a beauty from south alabama her daddy had a heart like a nine pound hammer think he even did a little time in the slammer what was i thinkin? she snuck out one night met me by the front gate her daddy came out wavin that 12 gage tore out th

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

[chorus] Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair In '77 and '69 revolution was in the air I was born too late into a world that doesn't care Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair When the head of state didn't play guitar

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲