Exercise 1-16: Paragraph Intonation Practice CD 1 Track 25 V From your color-marked copy, read each sentence of the paragraph in Exercise 1-15 after me. Use your rubber band, give a clear pitch change to the highlighted words, and think about the me

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 美语口音训练第一册

Clerk: Hello, sir. What can I do for you? Customer: Hi. Uh ... I have this ... uh ... cassette player (Mm-hmm.) here that I bought about six months ago. And it just ruined four of my favourite cassettes. Clerk: Oh dear, I'm sorry. Customer: So I ...

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语听力第二册

Announcer: And now over to Marsha Davenport for today's weather forecast. Marsha? Weather reporter: Thanks, Peter. Well, as you can see from the weather map, there's varied weather activity across the United States and Canada today. Let's start with

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语听力第二册

Art Outside the Law 另类的街头涂鸦艺术 by Matthew Brown What seems like modern street art is a tradition that dates back to a time before there were streets. 看似现代的街头艺术其实早存在于尚无街道的远古时代。 A teena

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤解析英语

Birdie and I 小鸟和我 Birdie, where are you going, dear, 亲爱的小鸟,你上哪里去, In such haste? 走得这么匆忙? Grapes are purpling far and near; 远远近近,葡萄都熟了, Stop and taste. 何不停下尝一尝? Apples

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

In a previous tip, I mentioned how in long sentences, it is necessary to pause between thought groups. However, relatively short sentences may also require pauses to help the listeners organize the stream of sounds correctly. Lets look at some exampl

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 手把手教你学口语

root out a fibber 谁在撒谎 The big pause 长时间停顿 Lying is quite a complex process for thebody and brain to deal with. 说谎对于人的身体和大脑来说都是一个相当复杂的过程。 First your brain produces the truthwhich it

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Whatever happened to the silly season? 今年的新闻饥荒期是怎么回事? You know, that time of the year when the wisdom of the 1st century poet Horace is adopted by news editors, 新闻饥荒期,众所周知,就是每年记者们对公元

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 智慧人生篇章

Transcript: Waiter: Hello. Jamie: Hi. A table for two, please. Waiter: Of course. Over here, please. Heres the menu. Sally: Thank you. (pause) Waiter: Are you ready to order? Sally: Yes, we are. Waiter: What would you like for your starter? Jamie: Id

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

Transcript: Shop assistant: Can I help you? Customer: Yes, have you got this T-shirt in other colours? Shop assistant: Weve got it in white, black, red and purple. What size do you want? Customer: Medium. Shop assistant: OK, in medium weve got black

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

921 The One At The Fertility Clinic [Scene: Central Perk] Monica: It's so weird, how did Joey end up kissing Charlie last night? I thought you'd end up kissing Charlie. Ross: Hey, I thought I'd end up

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 六人行—第6-10季

Grammar Girl here. Today guest-writer Bonnie Trenga is going to tell us how one little comma can change the meaning of a sentence. Should we write, He has the ball too with no comma or He has the ball, too? Well, you can write the sentence either way

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

(O=Operator, C=Chinese) O: Is this the Silver Star Trading Company? C: Yes, it is. O: This is the overseas telephone operator in the United States. We have a call for Mr. John Wang in the International Finance Department from a Mr. Robert of ABC Comp

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Dialogue B (A:Jim Brown B:Receiver)A:Hello.This is Jim Brown of the Export Department.May Ispeak to Mr.Wang? B:Im sorry,but he is out of the office right now.A:When will he be back? B:He should be back at any moment.A:I

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

Dan Smith是一位美国的健身用品经销商,此次是Robert Liu第一回与他交手。就在短短几分钟的交谈中,Robert Liu既感到这位大汉粗犷的外表,藏有狡兔的心思――他肯定是沙场老将,自己绝不可掉以

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

Charlotte? he said, in a whisper. Yes? May I get a drink of milk? 夏洛?它又悄悄地说。什么事?我可以喝一口牛奶吗? I think there are a few drops of milk left in my trough. 我想我的食槽里还留下几滴牛奶。 No, the

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 夏洛的网

A city in central China now has free parking spaces reserved for drivers who need to answer the call of nature while on the road. 中国中部一座城市现在出现了免费停车位,专为需要在路上去洗手间的司机保留。 Spaces have

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

英语学习笔记: pause v. 暂停 bisexual adj. 两性的;雌雄同体的 unisex adj. 男女皆宜的 kidnap vt. 绑架 My mum said, The TV is broken! Theres just a big 11 on the screen! It was the pause button. 我妈说:电视机坏了,屏幕

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

Dan Smith是一位美国的健身用品经销商,此次是Robert Liu第一回与他交手。就在短短几分钟的交谈中,Robert Liu既感到这位大汉粗犷的外表,藏有狡兔的心思――他肯定是沙场老将,自己绝不可掉以

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

Immediately after the concert with Napoleon once again threatening to invade Vienna, Beethoven began another colossal work with military themes. For the first time, Beethoven did not play at the premiere, he was too deaf. He never finished another pi

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年