Today we remember a man who was considered one of the best teachers in the United States. Jaime Alfonso Escalante was born in nineteen thirty in La Paz, Bolivia. Both his parents were teachers. He taught math and science in his home country for twelv

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(354) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Passage One 11. A) One of the bridges between North and South London collapsed. B) The heart of London was flooded. C) An emergency exercise was conducted. D) 100 people in the suburbs were drowned. 1

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 【CET 12-24备战】六级听力

Hispanics are the fastest growing segment of the US population, but are the least likely to get college degrees Faiza Elmasry | Washington, DC 30 March 2010 Photo: Hispanic College Fund Latino students attend an Hispanic College Fund event aimed at p

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

[全屏观看] 点击右键- 另存为 可保存这个Flash影片 第八段神话造词(八) Muse - mus ic- muse um 博物馆 -a muse 使娱乐 -a muse ment 娱乐 , 消遣 pan 词根 : 盘子 -com pan ion 同伴 , 伙伴 - pan el 仪表盘

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 《新东方 [爵以词雄] 词汇》刘一男

[] + [ ] = [] 此情况基本上都连读 1. Could you tell me where the bus stop is? IPA: []连读[] + [ ] = [][] K.K: [U]连读[] + [ ] = [][] 口语中读音: IPA: [] K.K: [U] 你能告诉我公共汽车站在哪里吗? 2. A:Did you panic? 你是否有几分恐慌? B:Of course!

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(158) / 评论(0) 分类 李阳美语发音秘诀

Sarah: So do you dream a lot? Do you remember your dreams? Todd: I usually do. Although, I have to admit, now that I'm older, I don't dream so much. It's pretty rare that I have a dream. But I will have dreams if I'm really stressed or if I'm really

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

acute敏锐 adroit熟练 allergy过敏 admonish告诫 caution小心 delicate微妙 elaborate详述 hazard冒险 induce引起 lump块 mentality精神 neurosis神经病,神经衰弱 menace威胁 precaution警惕 panic恐慌 passport护照 pavement人行道

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 80天攻克雅思核心词汇

comfort n. 舒适 panic n. 惊慌 escape v. 逃离 drag v. 拖/拉 spin v. 旋转 paranoid adj. 多疑的 messy adj. 散乱的 set free 释放 stack up 堆起来 drive someone crazy 使某人发狂 《Heavy》 Linkin Park I dont like my mind right

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

By Steve Mort Orlando, Florida 09 February 2007 watch Hispanic Muslim report The number of Hispanic Americans converting to Islam is growing rapidly -- particularly in New York, California, Texas and Florida, which have the greatest concentration of

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(二月)

今天我们要学的词是go through the roof。 Roof 是房顶的意思。Go through the roof冲破房顶,意思就是超过了最高极限。The unemployment rate went through the roof, 失业率飞涨。Due to shortages, the price of wheat has

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Leonard Cohen的这首Dance Me To The End Of Love讲述了一个发生在纳粹集中营的故事,纳粹强迫乐师们在焚化炉前演奏音乐,惊恐痛苦的乐师演奏着欢乐的婚礼乐曲,一对对囚犯在音乐声中走向焚化炉。

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

What Happens In The Brain Of An Extreme Procrastinator? GUY RAZ, HOST: So for all of Adam Grant's research about procrastination and slowing down, there is a right way to do it and a wrong way. Can you introduce yourself please, Tim? TIM URBAN: Yeah.

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

If the sight of Swiss cheese makes you melt or the thought of a honeycomb gets you buzzing, you may suffer from trypophobia, the most common phobia that you've probably never heard of. Trypophobia is the fear of holes. People with the phobia experien

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年Scientific American(二)月

Kids these days are subject to moral panic, with older people telling them they are spoiled, too easily offended, until it comes to the point some people just don't want to be anywhere near youths. 现在的孩子们很容易遭受道德恐慌,因为

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

At times, we do an action based not upon logic and calm reasoning, but upon a feeling of strong emotion, such as anger, panic or fear. Later, we may regret what we did, and wish we had remained cool-headed long enough to have thought more clearly and

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Amygdala's Acidic Aspiration Answer A study in the journal Cell shows that the buildup of carbon dioxide when we stop breathing causes a pH change that signals proteins in the brain to force us to inhale. Karen Hopkin reports. Maybe its happened to y

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(158) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Artist:Jason Marz feat. James Morrison Song:Details In The Fabric Calm down Deep breaths And get yourself dressed instead Of running around And pulling all your threads saying Breaking yourself up If it's a broken part replace it If it's a broken arm

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

今天我们要学的词是photo op. Photo op是photo opportunity的简称,意思是为做宣传而专门安排的媒体拍照机会。The meeting between the two Presidents was followed by a photo op, 两位总统会面后接受媒体拍照。 一架

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

The market always gets panic with all of this kind of overreaction and panic, even worse than the overreaction, and the market expected the other party would react... So the calculation from market is not only on what the U.S. take, but also what Chi

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Topics: Hip Hop Culture; The New York Stock Exchange; effectiveness versus efficiency; jilted; hence versus thus Words: hip hop DJ to rap graffiti breakdancing / breaking oppressive stock exchange stock trading floor NYSE Composite Index base value p

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(200) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe