Unit 30 Something about Telephone533 电话点滴 现在,电话已经成为世界上最普通的音频通讯工具,今天的电话较之当时贝尔发明的简陋装置,是无以伦比的精巧和有效,而且,今天使用电话的方式也是贝尔当年不可能预见的 When imaginative scientists first suggested the

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年星火30篇考研词汇

《A Dear John Letter》是一首曲调、内容并不令人激动的歌。整首歌实际上就五行歌词,重复了三遍。女主人公告诉约翰她恨写这样一封信,为的是通知他她再也不爱他了,她要另嫁他人,嫁给另一个约翰。这封信的内容在男主人公旁白后读出:男主人公正在国外战场上,此时战

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文歌曲解析歌词

A: Are you ready yet? B: What are you talking about? A: Youre transferring tomorrow. B: Yeah. Im ready. A: Are you nervous? B: Of course I am. A: What are you nervous about? B: I wont know anybody. A: That shouldnt be a problem. B: Why? A: Its good t

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语对话

AS IT IS - The debate about targeted killings of American terrorism suspects overseas This is AS IT IS! Im Caty Weaver. On the show today We talk about the debate in the United States about targeted killings of American terrorism suspects overseas. T

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(二)月

工作计划会 Meeting of Work Plan 咱们现在就开始干吧。 Let's get started now. A: What do you think of the new work plan? B: We all accept.Let's get started now. 接着说 go on talking about this A: Smith,would you like to take it from h

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 外企白领口语速查手册

lets hear from this lady, Veronica Needa. Where does Veronica live? Hello there, my names Veronica Needa, I have a Chinese name too, my Chinese name is Li Wi Kei, which is in Cantonese because I come from Hong Kong, and I make my home in London now.W

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Jason Eady Singer-songwriter Jason Eady may call Texas home these days, but he was born in the deep south of the U.S., in the state of Mississippi. Growing up there, he was exposed to a variety of styles of music, including blues, country and gospel.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

AS IT IS 2015-03-21 Report: North Korea Foreign Workers Receive Little Pay 报道称朝鲜海外务工者薪水微薄 A new report describes abuses suffered by North Koreans who are sent to work outside the country. A South Korean human rights organi

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Tourism officials in Washington say the U.S. economic downturn is forcing many Americans to scale back and even cancel their traditional vacation plans. But in the nation's capital, tourist visits are up. International travelers are behind the surge

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

Statistics show that the volume of China's direct investment abroad in the first 10 months of this year has increased by 16.3% compared to last year, surpassing 95 billion U.S. dollars. The volume last year was 45.6 times as much as in 2002. Zhang Xi

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

We hope to reinforce Hong Kong's role as a springboard. With our new policies and their related services, we can better exert Hong Kong's role as China's financial and capital raising market to help Chinese businesses as they enter overseas markets.

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

The speech of President Xi Jinping quoted a patriotic saying from a hero in Peru's independence war in the 19th century. He said the similarities between Chinese history and that of Latin America, in which both have struggled for national independenc

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

The 7th World Potato Conference was held in Christchurch this week. This is the first time it has been held in New Zealand. A large number of scientists from many different countries attended the conference. New Zealand is a good country to host a po

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Several Chinese researchers have said that the volume of imports of high-tech products from overseas can continue to grow alongside efforts to boost domestic innovation. They say that this kind of dual-track approach can improve the quality of econom

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

The One Belt One Road initiative is part of the drive for Chinese enterprises to go global. But the weak international economy has made the move difficult. CPPCC members are suggesting the central authorities help companies band together as they vent

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

High school teachers will start their rolling strikes on Wednesday when Year 9 students have to stay at home. On Thursday there will be no Year 11 classes and next week Year 10 students will have no classes on one day. To go on strike means that teac

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Topic 1-Chinese Overseas Students Suicide The pressure of studying abroad is causing some Chinese students to resort to suicide, a problem some worry will be exacerbated as more Chinese students travel abroad for their schooling at younger ages. The

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

A big increase in the number of Chinese tourists driving on New Zealand roads has prompted authorities to launch a series of high-profile road safety campaigns to warn about the dangers of driving in foreign countries. As CCTV New Zealand corresponde

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

Topic1-How Do Chinese Tourists Spend Money Overseas? Statistics released by the Ministry of Commerce show that overseas consumption of Chinese tourists is estimated to have reached 1.2 trillion Yuan in 2015. China has the world's largest number of ou

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(188) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

今天我们要学的词是 hostage. Hostage 人质。美国政府关于人质问题的政策最近发生了变化。Families who try to pay ransom to win the release of American hostages will no longer face the threat of prosecution. 人质家属通过

发表于:2019-03-07 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃