DAVID GREENE, HOST: Noel, I've got a kind of funny way to introduce our next guests. NOEL KING, HOST: OK. GREENE: The category is game show host. KING: Game show host. GREENE: Do you want to buy a vowel? (SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW, WHEEL OF FORTUNE) UNIDE

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

图片1 Vienna by chance. Have you ever been to Vienna? I was lucky enough to get there by chance during my trip to Europe. How can anyone go to Vienna by chance? Any person with a brain would go there deliberately, right? Well, because I didn't have

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Anna Netrebko is one of operas leading stars. She is a stunning soprano who sweeps audiences off their feet with her beauty and incredible voice. The magazine Musical America said she is a genuine superstar for the 21st century and was named 'Musicia

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 吉姆老爷.Lord.Jim

ANNOUNCER: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA IN VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. One of the world's great natural wonders is in the state of New Mexico, in the American Southwest. Nature has created huge moving hills of pure white sand. These sand d

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

Christina Aguilera was born in December, 1980. She is a highly successful singer and songwriter. She signed a recording contract with RCA Records after recording the song Reflection for the 1998 Disney film Mulan. She is popular with Latin and Englis

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

It was a warm spring day. It was sunny, but a storm was coming. The sky turned dark gray. Then a black funnel descended from the sky. The black funnel touched the ground. It was a tornado. A tornado is strong. A tornado picks up cars and trucks. They

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

EDUCATION REPORT - Colleges Face Limits on Native-American Team Names By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Thursday, September 01, 2005 I'm Barbara Klein with the VOA Special English Education Report. Most A

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

《Let It Go》(译名:随它吧)是华特迪士尼动画工作室的2013年动画作品《冰雪奇缘》当中的主题曲,由罗伯特洛佩兹和克里斯汀安徒生-洛佩兹作曲作词。在电影冰雪奇缘中,伊迪娜门泽尔为主

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Afghan Institute of Learning When Sakena Yacoobi was a child in Herat , Afghanistan, she saw many women suffer. They had no education and little or no medical care. Many died in childbirth. In the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(六)月

By Paul Sisco Washington, DC 19 April 2006 watch Severe Weather report Several weeks of unusual and severe weather in the U.S. are not being specifically linked to global warming but they are causing

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(四月)

An official of the South Sudanese government says despite its displeasure with the verdict, the semi-autonomous southern government will fully honor Wednesday's ruling in The Hague that redrew the boundaries of the disputed Abyei area. The decision

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(七月)

Greek Finance Minister George Papaconstantinou leaves from a meeting with Prime Minister George Papandreou in Athens, 09 Apr 2010 Greece is facing more troubling news as it tries to get its growing debt under control. Fitch Ratings, one of the world'

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

Vienna Teng 一个来自美国旧金山的华裔女创作人Vienna Teng(中文名史逸欣),以她澄澈古典的美声与丰富温柔的钢琴创作,获得美国媒体乐评如AMG网站、娱乐周刊、华盛顿邮报等的大力赞赏。 Artist:Vienna Teng Song:Gravity hey love is that the name you're meant t

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

By Franz Wild Monrovia 05 May 2006 Rose Ville, a supporter of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf from the Unity Party, listens to election results on the radio Earlier this week Liberia was sited as an example of

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

人类的大脑是一个迷 对于我们的身体来说,它是出奇地大。它的重量和那一个奇形怪状的密集的大脑皮层消耗了大量的能量。但是:为什么?神经学家苏珊娜带上她的侦探帽,带领我们探索这

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:美妙的神经系统

Boy Scouts trading patches at the Boy Scouts National Jamboree in Fort A.P. Hill, Virginia The Boy Scouts of America's National Jamboree wraps up on August 5 after a 10 day run at a U.S. Army base in northern Virginia, not far from Washington. The Sc

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

She never mentions the word addiction In certain company Yes, shell tell you shes an orphan After you meet her family She paints her eyes as black as night now She pulls those shades down tight Yeah, She gives a smile when the pain comes The pain gon

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

今天我们要学的词是unanimous。 Unanimous, 是全体通过,一致赞成的意思。 Newspaper front pages around the world were unanimous Wednesday in celebrating Barack Obama's inauguration as U.S. President, 世界各地报纸头版星期三

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

在摁下play键之前你无法预知她声音的形态--无论是乐器的声音还是她的嗓音。也许她的嗓音和唱腔是最值得人云亦云之处 Almost give it a try I sure do I wake up early thinking of you And I paint my eyes In ligh

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲