1. What is the name of the actress? A. Sarah Reynolds B. Sarah Rogers C. Sarah Roberts 2. Where is she from? A. She is from Miami. B. She was born in New York. C. She comes from Los Angeles. 3. Where did she work part-time while she was going to scho

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

Gratefully, Max smiled at the waiter who put a cup of coffee before him. He took a deep breath. My doctor, who also is a close friend, advised me to relax, and recommended this cruise. Max stirred his coffee. Its been far from relaxing. The first nig

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 29 The Mystery Cruise

440 迈阿密德郡救援队伍将帮助搜寻幸存者 Miami-Dade Rescue Team to Search for Survivors of Terror Attacks Michael Bowman Miami 12 Sep 2001 16:38 UTC Emergency efforts in New York and Wa

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(5)

This is AP News Minute. For the first time in Barack Obama's presidency, Congress has rejected one of his vetos. The Senate and the House voted to override his veto of legislation. The bill in question allows families of September 11 victims to sue S

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(九)月

This is AP news minute. 1. Miami Marlins ace Jose Fernandez was killed in a boating accident early Sunday. The 24-year old escaped Cuba to become one of baseball's brightest stars. Authorities say Fernandez and two other people died when their 32-foo

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(九)月

He was 58. He lost his job. A friend offered him a job in Miami. He found a nice apartment in Miami. He loved his new job. He loved Miami. Life was good. Then his friend's company went bankrupt. Life wasn't so good. He looked for work. But everyone w

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

The newlyweds entered the elevator of their Miami Beach hotel. The operator, a magnificent blonde, looked at them in surprise and said,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文笑话

By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: November 22, 2003 This is Steve Ember with In the News from VOA Special English. Trade ministers from the Americas gathered in Miami, Florida, this week to discuss plans for

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-教育与新闻

The aid group Doctors Without Borders says many earthquake survivors in Haiti with untreated wounds are dying from infections. But thanks to a medical team from the University of Miami in Florida, a number of patients are receiving special treatment

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

It's all around you along a single street in Miami Ted Landphair | Washington, DC 19 April 2010 The food is fresh, Cuban-influenced and not as spicy as one might expect along Calle Ocho. The city of Miami, Florida, is an oasis of swaying palm trees,

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

1.大西洋岸(美东E.C):( W.C.=West Coast; E.C.=East Coast)美东岸主要有:NY或NYK(New York);Savannah沙瓦纳;Baltimore巴尔的摩;Norfolk诺福克. Miami迈阿密;Charleston查尔(里)斯顿;Houston休斯顿;B

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

July 15th, 1971In a stunning move during the Cold War, President Richard Nixon says he will become the first American leader to visit Communist China. To seek the normalization of relations between the two countries and also to exchange views on ques

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2013年

July 15th, 1971In a stunning move during the Cold War, President Richard Nixon says he will become the first American leader to visit Communist China. To seek the normalization of relations between the two countries and also to exchange views on ques

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2015年

I said, a year? 我说 一年? I said, I'm a comedian, I cannot talk for a year? 我可是一个喜剧演员 你让我一年不说话? So don't get discouraged. Think of that 记住 别气馁 想想这个 If you were a doctor, that would be your

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

JEFFREY BROWN:And now to the man who will be just the fifth inaugural poet in the nation's history. Richard Blanco was, as he said, made in Cubahe was conceived thereassembled in Spain his mother gave birth to him thereand quickly imported to the Uni

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈娱乐系列

Lucy: I don't think this is going to work. This plan calls for the new office to open by July and I think that's too ambitious. I don't see how the groundwork can be done any earlier than September. Jeff: I understand your concern. I don't want to ru

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(224) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

1. Security at the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya came under question during a hearing in Washington, with some saying it was inadequate, not offering protection to US ambassador and three others who were killed. 2. One worker was dead and another t

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(十月)

Dialogue 1 (Xiao Gao is checking into a hotel. Jing Jing plays the part of the front deskemployee) 小高正在办理酒店入住,京晶扮演酒店前台 JJ: Hello, sir. How may I help you? 京晶:您好,先生,有什么我可以帮您的吗?

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

A painting by Henri Matisse stolen more than a decade ago from a museum in Venezuela will soon be returned to the country. The painting, Odalisque in Red Pants, is to be returned from the United States within three to five weeks. Raul Grioni is presi

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下