英语PK台 第259期:空降巴哈马 享五一阳光沙滩
英语课
Dialogue 1
(Xiao Gao is checking into a hotel. Jing Jing plays the part of the front deskemployee)
小高正在办理酒店入住,京晶扮演酒店前台
JJ: Hello, sir. How may I help you?
京晶:您好,先生,有什么我可以帮您的吗?
XG:Hi, I have a reservation 1 under the name Gao.
小高:您好,我有一个姓高的名字的预定。
JJ:Wait a moment while I look you up. Oh yes,Xiao Gao, is that right?
京晶:稍等,我帮您查看一下。哦是的。小高,对吗?
XG:Yes, that's right.
小高:是的,没错。
JJ:Okay, it looks like you've booked a queen size bed?
京晶:好的,看上去您预订了一个大号床?
XG: Correct. By the way, could you tell me some fun things to do around here? This is my first time to Miami.
小高:是的。对了,您能告诉我一些在这附近能做的有趣的事吗?这是我第一次来到迈阿密。
JJ:Well, you asked the right person. I used to work as a tour guide before getting this job at the hotel. I think you should check out Miami Beach. It's a great place to get a tan 2. At Miami Beach, you can go on a speed boat tour. Afterwards, you should take aboat to the Bahamas. It's a paradise 3! You'll love the restaurants and bars there!
京晶:嗯,您可真是问对人了。我在得到酒店这份工作之前曾经是个导游。我想您一定要去迈阿密海滩看看,那可真是个享受阳光美黑的好地方。在迈阿密海滩,您可以来个快艇游。然后,您可以坐船去巴哈马群岛。那儿简直是天堂!您一定会喜欢那儿的餐厅和酒吧。
XG:Okay, thanks so much. I'm gonna go get my swim suit on and hit the beach!
小高:好的,非常感谢。我准备拿上我的泳衣直奔海滩!
Dialogue 2
(Xiao Gao is at arestaurant at the Bahamas. Jing Jing plays the part of the restaurantemployee)
小高在巴哈马群岛的一家餐厅,京晶扮演餐厅服务员
JJ:Hello, sir. Table for one?
京晶:先生,您好?一位吗,
XG:Yes, please.
小高:是的。
JJ:Smoking or non?
京晶:您想坐吸烟区还是非吸烟区?
XG:Non, please.
小高:非吸烟区,谢谢。
JJ:Okay, right this way. Can I get you started off with something to drink?
京晶:好的,这边请。您要来点什么喝的?
XG:How about a martini?
小高:一杯马丁尼怎么样?
JJ:Coming right up. Do you still need a minute to look at the menu?
京晶:马上来。您还需要一点时间看菜单吗?
XG:What are your specials today?
京晶:你们今天的特价菜是什么?
JJ:Today our specials are steak and potatoes and roasted salmon 4. Do any of those sound good?
京晶:今日特价菜是牛排土豆和烤三文鱼,您觉得哪一款听着还不错?
XG:I'll go with the steak please.
小高:那我要牛排好了。
JJ:Okay, I'll be right back with your order.
京晶:好的。您的单很快就来。
(After an hour,Xiao Gao has finished his meal)
一个小时后,小高用完餐
JJ:How are we doing? Can I get you another martini?
京晶:怎么样?需要再来一杯马丁尼吗?
XG:No, thank you, I'm feeling a bit tipsy already. I'll take the check, though.
小高:不了,非常感谢。我感觉有点微醺了。我要买单了。
JJ:You got it. Here you are. I'll be back to pick that up in a few minutes.
京晶:没问题,给您。我过一会儿回来拿。
XG:Thank you so much.
小高:非常感谢
New words for dialogue:
Reservation = 预定
Under the name = 用谁谁谁的名字来预定的
Look [something] up =查询
Book = reserve 预订
Queen size bed = 大号床
Get a tan = 晒黑
Speed boat = 快艇
Swim suit = 泳衣
Table for one? = 一位吗?
Smoking or non? = Do you want to sit in a smoking or non-smokingsection? 您想坐吸烟区还是非吸烟区?
Can I get you started off with something to drink? = Avery standard phrase asked by almost all waiters and waitresses at arestaurant. What would you like to drink? 餐厅服务员标准用语:您想喝点什么?
What are your specials today? = 今天有什么特价吗?
I'll go with [something] = 我选择[something]
Tipsy = 有一点点晕,但不算醉,微醺
I'll take the check = 我要埋单
You got it = 没问题
n.保留条件,限制条件;预订座位
- The instruction should be carried out without any reservation.应当不折不扣地执行这个指示。
- I accept your statement without reservation.我完全相信你的话。
n.鞣制革,黄褐色;adj.黄褐色的,鞣皮的;vt.晒黑,鞣(革),鞭打;vi.晒成棕褐色
- She had gotten a good tan after the holiday at the sea.在海边度假之后,她的皮肤晒得黑黑的。
- His arms and legs had a dark tan.他的手臂和腿晒得黑黑的。
n.伊甸乐园,天堂
- My house had a small backyard,the paradise of children.我那幢房子有一个小后院,那是孩子们玩耍的乐园。
- On a hot day a dip in the sea is sheer paradise.热天洗个海水澡是十分令人惬意的事。
标签:
英语PK台