公众人物毕业演讲 第209期:杰雷诺2014爱默生学院(7)
时间:2019-01-25 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
I said, a year?
我说 一年?
I said, I'm a comedian 1, I cannot talk for a year?
我可是一个喜剧演员 你让我一年不说话?
So don't get discouraged. Think of that
记住 别气馁 想想这个
If you were a doctor, that would be your residency如果你是医生 你可以把这四年当成实习期
Number 3
第3条
You're an artist, suffer for your work, paint yourself into a corner你是一位艺术家 忍受你的工作 不要挑三拣四
take every degrading 2, humiliating show business job you can get滑稽表演的任何机会都得上 无论多么让你感到丢脸that doesn't require taking your clothes off只要不让你脱光衣服就行
And you learn something, every experience你将学到很多
and it will give you great pedal 3 when you go on late night talk shows这对你以后进入晚间脱口秀绝对大有好处
Number 4
第4条
Always keep people in your life who don't quite understand what is it that you do在生活中和一些不大理解你在做什么的人保持联系It will keep you humble 4
这会让你保持谦恭
You're never as informed as you think you are你其实没有自己以为的那么了不起
When I was on the cover of Time magazine the first time我第一次登上时代周刊封面的时候
Don Lemon
唐·莱蒙
I called my mom and tell her, I said
我打电话我妈 我跟她说
hey mom, I'm on the cover of Time magazine妈 我上了时代周刊封面
My mom said, which one was it?
我妈问 什么封面
I said Time magazine My mom said, which one?
我说 时代周刊 我妈问 哪个
Time magazine, the big news magazine, Time magazine时代周刊 很牛的新闻杂志 时代周刊
I said, I'm going to call Uncle Frank in New York我说 我要打电话给纽约的弗兰克叔叔
and call Uncle Tony in Miami
和迈阿密的托尼叔叔
and tell them I'm on the cover of Time magazine告诉他们我登上了时代周刊封面
My mother said, I don't think so
我妈说 我不这么认为
I said, what do you mean you don't think so?
我问 什么叫你不这么认为
She goes what? She said, I think they put you on the cover of one say still around here她说 我想 他们把你放到这里的封面上
because they know you're from this area
是因为他们知道你来自这个地方
She said, I don't think you're on the cover of Miami她说 我不认为迈阿密的封面上也是你
I go, I'm on the cover in Miami
我说 迈阿密的封面上也是我
n.喜剧演员;滑稽演员
- The comedian tickled the crowd with his jokes.喜剧演员的笑话把人们逗乐了。
- The comedian enjoyed great popularity during the 30's.那位喜剧演员在三十年代非常走红。
丢脸的,有辱人格的
- the inhuman and degrading treatment of prisoners 犯人所受的不人道和侮辱性待遇
- inhuman and degrading treatment 不人道的羞辱性对待
n.踏板;adj.脚的,踏脚的;v.用脚踏动,踩踏板
- He pressed down the accelerator pedal of his car.他踩下汽车的加速器踏板。
- I saw him pedal to school every morning.我看到他每天早晨骑自行车上学。