The Kernewek success storyby Linda BaxterIn the first lesson of any language course you'll probably learn a mini dialogue like this. You'll find the translation at the end of this article, but can you guess what it means? A: Dydh da! Fatla genes? B:

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

The Funniest Jokes in the World by Chris RoseRecently, a group of scientists and psychologists decided to try and find out what the funniest joke in the world was. This was obviously going to be a difficult task, as no two people ever really agree ab

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

Grameen BankBy Linda BaxterIf we are looking for one single action which will enable the poor to overcome their poverty, I would focus on credit. (Dr Muhammad Yunus) The beginningTwenty five years ago, Muhammed Yunus, a Bangladeshi economics teacher,

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

-When is the last time you wore jeans? When I, when you were here last, you said, I said what do you sleep in. I said you are on pajamas. And you said you sleep in whatever youre wearing. -I very often, its very, its very funny. -Like you sleep in th

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2011年

Lesson 1 Mad 1.You must be mad. 2.I'm mad about her voice. 3.Don't be so mad at me,please! 4.We all work like mad. 5.She'll drive me mad. 6.What a mad time we had! 7.What a mad thing to do! 8.I'm mad for water.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语提高版

Venezuelan President-elect Nicolas Maduro is accusing the opposition of planning a coup against him following his narrow election victory. At least 7 people have been killed across the country during violent clashes at opposition protests. I can anno

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Magicby John RussellDouble, double, toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble. Fillet of a fenny snake, In the cauldron boil and bake; A. From the witches in Shakespeares Macbeth, to Gandalf the Wizard in Lord of the Rings books and films, it i

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

Mary Seacoleby Linda BaxterThe most famous nurse of all time must be Florence Nightingale, the lady with the lamp, who became famous for her work during the Crimean War in the middle of the nineteenth century. But have you heard of Mary Seacole? I ho

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

Rock'n'roll grandadsby Chris RoseIn 2005 The Rolling Stones released an album called A Bigger Bang. Many critics, as usual, chose it as their favourite of the year. This isnt very surprising, but if you think that A Bigger Bang was their 25th album n

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

Flea circusesby Nik PeacheyA good circus has always built its reputation on its ability to amaze and entertain and what could be more amazing than a flea circus? But does such a thing really exist and can fleas really be taught to perform circus tric

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

Ice-cream and bankingBy John KutiRussian ice-cream is great. Any shop or street seller can offer a choice of different ones for less than ten roubles, thats about 20p in British money, which I think is a fair price. They have natural fruit flavours a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

经济学家Eleni Gabre-Madhin概述了她将在埃塞俄比亚建立第一个商品市场的雄心愿景。她的计划将会创造财富,把农民的风险降到最低,并把世界最大的食品援助接受国转变成一个地区性的食品篮

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:贫穷至进步

AGRICULTURE REPORT - New Rules to Fight Mad Cow By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 This is the VOA Special English AGRICULTURE REPORT. Last week, American Secretary of Agriculture An

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Madcon是一支来自Norway的Hip-hop组合。 Beggin' - Madcon Put your loving hand out, baby 伸出你的爱之手吧,宝贝 I'm beggin 我求你 Beggin, beggin you 乞求,我乞求你 Put your loving hand out baby 伸出你的爱之手吧,宝贝

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

US to Destroy Hundreds of Cattle Linked to Mad Cow Infection Michael Bowman U.S. agriculture officials have announced plans to destroy hundreds of cattle linked to the first case of mad cow disease fo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

AGRICULTURE REPORT - Second Mad-Cow Case Found in U.S. By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 I'm Faith Lapidus with the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. The United States has its se

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(212) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

All around me are familiar faces 周围全是一成不变的面孔 Worn out places worn out faces 破落的周遭 疲惫的神情 Bright and early for their daily races 天一亮就早早开始他们日复一日的追逐 Going nowhere going nowhere (

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

JERUSALEM, May 31 (Xinhua) -- U.S. pop diva Madonna began her MDNA Tour in Israel's Tel Aviv on Thursday to promote her new album MDNA as well as peace between Israelis and Palestinians. The diva also donated 600 tickets to Israeli and Palestinian pe

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

释义: get mad (angry,upset) 生气 这是 get 用作 become 的情况。get 后面会接形容词,表示变成样,也可以用 be 代替 get。 例句: Don't worry; I'm not going to get mad. 不要担心,我不会生气的。 I promise

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

Mad World 是英国乐队Tears For Fears在82年创作的早期作品之一,由Roland Orzabal创作和乐队贝斯手Curt Smith演唱。Mad World乐队发行的第三首单曲也是第一首榜单热曲。 All around me are familiar faces 周围都是

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲