The plains zebra is a close relative of the quagga, extinct since 1883. But according to members of the Quagga Project in Cape Town, South Africa. The foal seen running with its herd of plains zebras is a quagga. His name's Harley and he was born in

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

THE PRESIDENT: I've just assembled my -- many people on my domestic policy team to discuss the current flooding in the Midwest. Of course, our hearts and thoughts go to those who lost life. And of course, we're concerned about those whose -- who los

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

Yesterday, I had the most unusual thing to do. If you had asked me a couple of years ago if I could see myself doing what I did yesterday, I would have told you that you're insane. I delivered a Bobcat to a taxidermist. Take a while to chew on that s

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Indian Farmers Fighting Pollution One Tree at a Time 印度农民对抗污染 - 一次一树 INDRI, HARYANA, INDIA To anyone else, the patches of poplar and eucalyptus trees that dot the flat, green landscape of Indri are just added greenery. 印度,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(九月)

By Cathy Majtenyi Nairobi 07 February 2006 The drought ravaging the East Africa area is having a severe impact on millions of people. Experts note a steady decrease in rainfall amounts, over the past

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(二月)

AS IT IS 2013-08-05 How to Feed the Peoples of India and Africa? Hello, and welcome to As It Is, our daily show for people learning American English. Im Christopher Cruise in Washington. Today on the program, we look at whether African leaders have k

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(八)月

AS IT IS 2014-01-06 More Diseases Now Spreading from Animals to Humans 越来越多的动物疾病传播给人类 Hello, and welcome to As It Is from VOA Learning English. Im Christopher Cruise in Washington. Today on the program, we report on effort

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Agriculture Report - When Animals Make People Sick This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Researchers estimate that more than two billion people a year get diseases spread by animals. More than two million of them die. Delia Grace is a v

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(八)月

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Deadly Shark Bites Increase in Waters Near Western Australia JUNE SIMMS: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. Im June Simms. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus. Today, we tell about deadly shark attacks near Aus

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(八)月

International Community Warns of a Possible Famine in S. Sudan 国际社会警告南苏丹可能发生饥荒 From VOA Learning English, this is the Agriculture Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语农业报道。 The international community is wa

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Study: Use of Antibiotics in Farm Animals Expected to Grow 研究发现使用抗生素有助农场提高动物密度 A new study has found the amount of antibiotics given to farm animals is expected to increase by two-thirds over the next 15 years. R

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Midwest Farmers Battling Worst US Drought in Generation In this year's record setting heat under the hot summer sun, McLean County Illinois farmer Matt Hughes' crops are wilting. Each day without rainclouds brings new disappointment and worry for Hug

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

Across the Sahel, more than 10 million people are affected by poor rains that have led to the collapse of agricultural and livestock production in many parts of Chad, Niger, Mali, and Burkina Faso. Sixty percent of Niger's population is facing severe

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

Mother feeding her severely malnourished daughter at centre run by CONCERN and supported by WFP The United Nations World Food Program is more than doubling the number of people it is planning to feed in Niger, as a food crisis caused by drought in th

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

US Aims to Empower World's Women Farmers Women face a number of obstacles that men do not. They tend to own less land and have fewer rights to that land. They have less access to credit and training. And they have less input in decision-making. With

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

US Thanksgiving Turkey Is Mexican Immigrant Thanksgiving is the quintessential American holiday and roast turkey is the definitive centerpiece of the holiday feast. But the domesticated turkey is not an American invention. It's Mexican. The bird was

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十一月)

Divine Ntaryike | Douala, Cameroon 05 October 2010 Across Africa, plastic bags blemish rural and urban scenery, damage ground water and soils, and choke livestock and fish, entangle birds and threaten animals in general. They also block sewage pipes,

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

FAO Scales Up South Sudan Aid Efforts 粮农组织扩大南苏丹援助工作规模 In this photo taken from Video provided by Associated Press on Tuesday, May 13, 2014, a malnourished child is fed by her mother, in a Medecins Sans Frontiers (Doctors

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

Pfizer is built on three pillars: a broad portfolio of human pharmaceuticals meeting essential medical needs; a wide range of consumer products aimed at self-care and well-being; and health products for livestock and companion animals. Research and d

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 林超伦实战口译练习笔记

Scientists say many of the long-term effects of rising temperatures are still unknown. Theyre discussing the problem at the U.N. climate change conference in Durban, South Africa. Researchers say climate change is a complex mix of potential benefits

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2011年12月