VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doughty. This week, we will tell about evidence of early human ancestors. We also will tell about the health effects of hopeful feelings. And, w

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(三)月

Amber: Hello, I'm Amber, and you're listening to bbclearningenglish.com. In Entertainment today, we listen to an interview with the Oscar-winning actress, Renee Zellweger. She talks about her new film 'Miss Potter'. 'Miss Potter' tells the life stor

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

It can be a lonely, depressing job. Not for the successful realtors, of course. Their job is almost glamorous. Some of them, the most successful, work with wealthy people who live in, buy, and sell beautiful houses in beautiful neighborhoods. But for

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Tamara Smith sliced open an eggplant. The seeds were arranged in the likeness of Elviss profile. Oh, my God! Tamara screamed. She was The Kings biggest fan. She had all his CDs and all the DVDs of his movies. She knew everything about the artist from

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Dell Inc. is a multinational information technology company. It is best known for its competitively-priced computers and its original distribution methods. It was started by Michael Dell in 1984 under the name of PCs Limited. Dell was a student at th

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

SCIENCE REPORT — March 27, 2002: New Stem Cell Study By Mario Ritter This is the VOA Special English SCIENCE REPORT. Researchers at an American medical center say special stem cells in normal human

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Hundreds Dead and Injured in Iran Freight Train Explosion Kerry Sheridan Part of a runaway freight train exploded in northeastern Iran Wednesday. The full explode blast killed at least 200 people - mo

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

By Paul Sisco Washington, DC 24 May 2006 watch Melting Poles report NASA scientists, working with 10 years of satellite data, find a dramatic thinning of ice around the edges of Greenland, and Antarctica too. satellite view of earth Using satellite

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

The Cat and the Bell (猫和铃) There were many mice in a house. The man of the house got a cat. The cat killed many of the mice. Then the oldest mouse said,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

And while some Chinese are experimenting with Frappuccinos, others are interested in buying their first car. China has quickly become the world's third largest car market and it keeps getting bigger. Automakers like what they see and are looking to i

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus. This week, we will tell about two studies. Both involve the world's oceans. One study examined the health of coastal waters for fish an

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: Phil Brown at work turning a bowl on his lathe And I'm Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. At several galleries in the Washington, D.C. area, you might see work by the wood turner Phil Br

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(十)月

Syrian Army Defectors Tell of Atrocities In an amateur video posted online, demonstrators march through the Syrian city of Deraa, protesting against President Bashar al-Assad. It was at a similar protest last year that Hassan, a 21-year-old Syrian so

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

It will be a great tragedy for humanity if research with chimpanzees were stopped. Chimpanzees are our closest animal relative. So close, in fact, that 98 percent of a chimpanzee's DNA is identical to that of humans. The highly intelligent primates s

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

UNICEF Ambassador Tells Tragic Congo Tale Since the 1990s, armed groups have come and gone in the eastern DRC, leaving human tragedy in their wake. Millions have died and many thousands have been raped. And theres no end in sight. UNICEF Goodwill Amb

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

By Kurt Achin Seoul 02 October 2007 South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun strolled across the heavily militarized border with North Korea and later received an unscheduled greeting from the North's leader Kim Jong Il. As VOA's Kurt Achin reports from S

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

AGRICULTURE REPORT - Outbreaks of Disease Cut World Meat Exports By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. A United Nation

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Artist:Enrique Iglesias Song:Ring My Bells Ring my bell, ring my bells Ring my bell, ring my bells Ring my bell, ring my bells Ring my bell, ring my bells Sometimes you love her Sometimes you don't Sometimes you need it then you don't and you let

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Jeff Woodell,美国的独立音乐人,6岁的时候,他开始了音乐训练进行了四年古典钢琴课。12岁时, Jeff学习了古典吉他和音乐理论。当他14岁,他开始对电吉他感兴趣,一年以后加入第一重金属乐队。2004年,Jeff Woodell收集了自己写的六首歌曲,并出版发行,第一张专辑名为

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

The U.S. economy continues to expand at a slow pace, according to the latest growth figures provided by the federal government. From Washington, VOA's Michael Bowman reports. The Commerce Department says the U.S. economy expanded at an annual rate o

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)