Episode seven : Guest issues one Patrick and Alma are at Alma's apartment, talking over a draft of the engine bearer. Patrick: You look like a basket case [俚: 完全没有希望的人.] Alma: I'm not surprised. Patrick: What's the problem? Alma: My

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 60堂英语情景口语必修课

There must be something else here, said Jessie. Something were not seeing. This got Henry thinking. Reaching into the hatbox, he patted all around. Finally, he pulled up gently on the flowery paper that lined the bottom. I think theres something here

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 79 The Mystery at the Crooked

Maybe Mrs. McGregor decided to put the note somewhere else, suggested Violet. You know, for safekeeping. We can ask when she gets home. Henry agreed. I guess we shouldnt suspect people until were certain it was actually stolen. And no matter what, de

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 79 The Mystery at the Crooked

The next morning, the girls spotted Melanie in the cafeteria and told her about the mysterious boat they had heard during the night. Ill have to report this, Melanie said. She looked very serious. No one is allowed to take boats out at night not even

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 41 The Mystery of the Hidden B

That about wraps it up, Nick, a pale man with sandy hair said a few minutes later. He was standing at the edge of the shore, watching as another officer handcuffed Katherine Kelly, and helped her into a police patrol boat. I know you! Benny said. I m

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 41 The Mystery of the Hidden B

Royal around the world are having queen Elisabeth's diamond jubulee lunch right now. William and Kate are back to be there. So how closer they will have a little baby? Turns out a London with much more on this, do you tell Nick? Good morning. Gooding

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2012年

A brief meeting between a young man and his birth father reveals long-hidden truths about both Time now for StoryCorps. People across the country are sharing personal stories through this national project. Today a young man talks about meeting his b

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Bobbi Kristina Brown is still in a medically-induced coma, a week after being discovered face-down in a tub of water. National reporter Nick Valencia here, tracking the developments. Yeah, this is a big development. Police are now focusing their atte

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2015年2月

Time now for Prince Harry's latest adventure,last year ,we saw him headed the north pole with ABC's .Now he is tackling mountain Everest, one of the ten most dangerous mountains in the world .,and then ABC's Nick Won joines us from the relatively saf

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2012年

Edie's birthday was today. I want nothing for my birthday, she had said. Nick knew better. He knew that nothing meant something. He went to the bakery in the morning. He looked at the cakes. She liked cake without icing. He looked for a cake without

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Finally tonight, as of right now, 300,000 people have searched out a tiny young girl causing a big stir. A prodigy doing something reminiscent of another little kid called Mozart. ABC's Nick Shifren is with the newest child wonder. Like so many child

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2012年

Louisiana Oystermen Still Struggling Two Years After Oil Spill Nearly two years have passed since the accident that changed the Collins brothers' lives. We weren't rich like we can travel the world. But we weren't worried about [paying] our mortgage,

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

There is Oscar buzz in Hollywood for the performance of rising young star Carey Mulligan as a teenager learning some life lessons in a bittersweet film written by English novelist Nick Hornby and directed by Danish filmmaker Lone Scherfig. Alan Silv

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

Ebola Orphanage Opens in Sierra Leone 塞拉利昂埃博拉孤儿院开始运行 KAILAHUN, SIERRA LEONE Sierra Leone's first Ebola orphanage has opened in the Kailahun district. Hundreds of children orphaned since the beginning of the Ebola outbreak

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十月)

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: The next story started when a director and producer from a tiny theater in Portland, Ore., posted a message on Facebook. He was outraged that the estate of Edward Albee wouldn't grant him rights to produce Who's Afraid Of Virgini

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

ECan is short for Environment Canterbury. This is a regional organisation which has been responsible for water, clean air, buses, and many other matters which affect our environment. Every three years, we have voted for people to be on the council of

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Lourdes: Do you see those teenagers over there? Theyre making trouble again. Nick: Those kids are just messing around . When they get bored, theyll pipe down and go home. Lourdes: Theyre really getting on my nerves , playing loud music and making all

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Who is it? It's me, Nick. Oh, Nick! Long time no see. Come on in. Nice to meet you again. Same here. Here's some flowers for you. Thank you! You really gave me a surprise by a sudden visit. What do you do now? Uh, I'm running an internet company. How

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

Nick: Arent you done packing yet? We need to leave for the airport in 15 minutes. Mariah: Im almost done. I just need to finish packing my garment bag . Nick: Youre bringing a garment bag? What for? Mariah: For my dresses, of course. I dont want them

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Not Out To Lunch: Businesses That Rely On Federal Workers Suffer The Shutdown MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: We're going to talk a bit more about the partial shutdown of the federal government, which is entering its third week. We've talked earlier this hour a

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台1月