This week, President Obama replaced his top commander in Afghanistan. General Stanley McChrystal resigned after a year in command of United States and NATO forces. To replace him, the president chose the general to whom General McChrystal reported. T

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(六)月

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. A burro is a small donkey. Donkeys are related to horses; both are part of the equine family. Another way people say it is BOOR-oh. The name comes from Spanish and, before that, from a Latin term f

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Abigail Washburn: American Bluegrass Music, by Way of China By Katharine Gypson and Dana Demange Broadcast: Friday, November 18, 2005 (MUSIC) HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(252) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

Deborah Tate The U.S. Army General investigating the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. troops blamed a failure of leadership for the scandal. Army Major General Antonio Taguba, who wrote a report detai

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

Michael Buble Home ﹡这个令人注目、充满感情的低音歌手使人想起年轻的法兰克辛纳屈--纽约邮报 ﹡天生的中低音与动感的舞台表演,麦可布雷以轻松自在的自信,与他的听众分享他活泼的诠释风味

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 夏日清新英文歌曲

Michael Buble - Home Home在英文中取家的意思,固有大量音乐作品以《HOME》命名,以麦克布雷的经典曲目Home为代表,后来西城男孩(即Westlife,也译作西域男孩)在专辑Back Home中作为主打翻唱 英文

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 夏日清新英文歌曲

Some day, when I'm awfully low When the world is cold I will feel a glow just thinking of you And the way you look tonight Yes you're lovely, with your smile so warm And your cheeks so soft There is nothing for me but to love you And the way you

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英语爱情歌曲

现在播送流行美语。Larry 正准备去食品店买东西。他打了个电话给Li Hua问她要不要带什么东西。Li Hua会学到两个常用语:hook something up和buzz off。 (Telephon

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

今天我们要讲的两个习惯用语都是以一个极其普通的英文字为主的。这个英文字就是:Bread. Bread就是面包,面包是美国人和欧洲人的基本食品,就像亚洲国

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Home - Michael Buble 歌词翻译: Another summer day Has come and gone away In Paris or Rome... But I wanna go home ...uhm Home 那一个巴黎和罗马的夏天,来了又去。而我只想回家,哦我的家。 May be surrounded by A million people I Still feel all alone Just

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Another summer day Has come and gone away In Paris or Rome... But I wanna go home ...uhm Home May be surrounded by A million people I Still feel all alone Just wanna go home I miss you, you know And I've been keeping all the letters That I wrote to y

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐天堂

Haven't Met You Yet是加拿大爵士歌手Michael Bubl在2009年推出的全新大碟《Crazy Love》中的主打单曲 I'm Not Surprised Not Everything Lasts I've Broken My Heart So Many Times, I Stop Keeping Track. Talk Myself In I Talk Myself Out

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

磁性的声音,加上爵士老歌新唱,成就了一代才子Michael Buble。. You're a falling star You're the getaway car You're the line in the sand When I go to far You're the swimming pool On an august day And you're the perfect thing to sa

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

You're a falling star You're the get-away car You're the line in the sand when I go too far You're the swimming pool, on an August day And you're the perfect thing to say And you play it coy, but its kinda cute When you smile at me you know just what

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英文好歌推荐-百听不厌的英文歌曲

On Sunday night at least 17 people were killed and over 150 injured in two deadly bombings in Turkey's largest city Istanbul. The attacks took place in a residential district of western Istanbul. The bombings occurred as Turkey is in the midst of a

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(七月)

A Cappella Group Delights DC Suburb The group is made up of about 100 men ranging in age from 19 to 83. They have one thing in common: A passion for singing. Every Tuesday night, since after the end of World War II, the group gathers here to rehearse

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

Havent Met You Yet by Michael Buble I'm not surprised Not everything lasts I've broken my heart so many times I stop keeping track Talk myself in I talk myself out I get all worked up And then I let myself down I tried so very hard not to loose it I

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

GUY RAZ, HOST: It's the TED Radio Hour from NPR. I'm Guy Raz, and on the show today Truth and Lies. And what happens when people deny things that are objectively true, like this story you might remember from a couple of years ago? Can you - can you i

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

Limited Partnership 有限合伙(名词),一种伙伴关系,一个或多个伙伴承担偿还债务的法律义务,但还债的额度只限于他们各自拥有的金额。 The venture capital fund was structured as a Bermuda limited partne

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Famous Chinese pop singer Mao Buyi is now busy preparing for his first-ever solo concert in Shanghai next month. The concert organizers recently announced that all tickets for Mao's September 22nd concert have sold. The singer began gaining recogniti

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台