October 6th, 1981, in Cairo, Islamic extremists assassinate Egypts President Anwar Sadat while he reviews the military parade. Sadat, the first Arab leader derecognized Israel as part of a push for Mid-East peace, was 62 years old. 1973, war erupts i

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2012年

Chilean President Sebastin Pinera has promised a review of the country's mine safety standards. Mr Pinera met the 33 rescued miners at the hospital where they are recovering. Speaking outside Copiapo Hospital, the president promised that never again

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2010年

In the Rose Garden, President Obama told the nation there's no excuse for the bumpy rollout of the key element of the health care law. He declared confidence that the administration can fix the problem. I want the checkout lines to be smooth. So I wa

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(十月)

Guinea, Sierra Leone Still Have Ebola 几内亚和塞拉利昂等国埃博拉依旧在蔓延 The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is still not over. Health officials continue to report cases in Guinea and Sierra Leone. Liberia was declared Ebola-free on

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(六月)

Asia's budget airlines have grown rapidly in recent years. And while some are faring well, the sector faces a bumpy ride as economic turbulence hits both domestic and international travel. 近年来,亚洲的廉价航空公司发展迅速。尽管有

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年6月

Todd: So Julia, I was looking at your website and I noticed that you did a bike trip in Cambodia. Julia: Yes, that's right. I joined an organization called Pepi and we did a ride from Siem Reap to Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City. Todd: Wow, that's pretty c

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

I'm not very good at giving advice. We all know that's Bill O'Reilly's job and he does it very well. I actually googled graduation speeches to see what kind of advice other people give at these kind of things, and believe me, they are incredibly chee

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

The Prime Minister visited the Chatham Islands yesterday and today. This is his first visit. The Chatham Islands are part of New Zealand. They lie 800km east of Christchurch, a two-hour flight or a 4 day voyage by ship from the mainland. Only about 6

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

First up, we`re reporting on a wave ofviolence across the Middle Eastern nation of Iraq yesterday. Officials say atleast 62 people were killed and almost 200 others were wounded in theseattacks, and many of them seemed to be aimed at members of Iraq`

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(九)月

Journalist Overcomes Cancer to Realize Dream Landing a job as a sports journalist is extremely competitive in the United States. It is often perceived as a glamorous life - just hanging out with, and interviewing, athletes and coaches. But for one sp

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

Guinea-Bissau's Lone Brewery Hopes to Tap National Pride Through coups, conflicts and other upheavals, one constant for many West African countries has been the presence of a national beer. After going years without one, Guinea-Bissau is now hoping t

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

Taste may be the least understood of our five senses, even basic questions like where the taste bugs come from remain mysterious until now. In the study published in the journal Stem Cell, scientists identified the lose of parental cell that gives ri

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

Sarah was very excited today. It was the first time she was going to ride a horse. Her uncle took her to the stables where the horses were. Horses have always been her favorite animal. When she saw the horses, her heart was filled with excitement. Sh

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第5级听力-English Level 5

Have you ever been in a rickshaw before? This is my first time. I hope you enjoy it. We're getting to see London today in a rather unusual way. Not in a bus. Not on the Tube. No we're on a rickshaw. Join us today as we go On the Town with BBC Learnin

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

By Kurt Achin Panmunjom 29 October 2007 Delegates from six nations are mapping out the specifics of sending energy aid to North Korea as it ends its nuclear weapons programs. Negotiators are seeking the right timing and blend of energy assistance to

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

今天我们要学的习惯用语有共同的关键词,happy。大家也许早就知道happy意思是快乐的。我们要学的第一个习惯用语是: happy-go-lucky。 Lucky是幸运的。 Happy-go-lucky是个相当古老的习惯用语,沿用至

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

It's time to check the business news now. And when the markets in Europe closed a couple of hours ago, London's FTSE 100 was up 20 points. As well as the (error in speaking)....the Dax was up110. The Euro stoxx up 21. In the US, trading comes to a cl

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年

October 6th, 1981, in Cairo, Islamic extremists assassinate Egypts President Anwar Sadat while he reviews the military parade. Sadat, the first Arab leader derecognized Israel as part of a push for Mid-East peace, was 62 years old. 1973, war erupts i

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2013年

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2014年

主餐一道:泛听练习 以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练