Mali on Brink of Becoming a Terrorist Safe Haven 2012 was the year that armed men seized control of Mali. And their grip looks stronger than ever -- both in the north and the south. Analysts say a military junta pulls the strings in the capital, Bama

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

How to Stay Warm and Safe in Freezing Weather From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Report in Special English. Freezing weather can mean frostbite and hypothermia unless a person is prepared. Today we talk about how to stay warm, dry and safe

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

A: I am starving. B: Let's go get something to eat. A: Is there somewhere you wanted to go eat at? B: We can always go to the cafeteria and eat. A: I haven't eaten there before. B: The food there is pretty good. A: What kind of food do they serve? B:

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: What would you like today? B: Let me get a hamburger. A: Do you want cheese on it? B: No cheese. A: Can I get you something to drink? B: Can I get a soda, please? A: What kind do you want? B: I'd like a Sprite. A: Would you like anything else? B:

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: What did you get for lunch today? B: All I had was a sandwich, chips, and soda. A: Where'd you get your food from? B: I went to the cafeteria and bought it. A: What sandwich did you order? B: I ordered a ham sandwich, but they gave me a bologna sa

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: What are you having for lunch? B: I got a sandwich, some chips, and a soda. A: Did you bring that from home? B: I got it from the cafeteria. A: What kind of sandwich did you get? B: They messed up my order and gave me a bologna sandwich. A: How wa

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

Words: boroughs skyscraper Broadway musical pushy frank in your face JFK Esquire Ph.D. MD RN DDS napkin to work out

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Genealogy, Bill Cosby, to get down on your knees vs. to get down on one knee Words: blood relative miniseries ancestor to trace your family tree hyphenated American cemetery birth certificate Mormons stand-up comedian to tell a joke album car

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Ask an American: Louisville Slugger; globe versus sphere versus orb; on/by horseback; to hit ones funny bone; to stub ones toe Words: on average peak production spring training butter churn to prevail Hall of Famer to say it best Louisville S

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

To daffodils Fair daffodils,we weep to see you haste away so soon; as yet the early-rising sun has not attain'd his noon. Stay,stay, until the hasting day has run but to the even-song; and,having pray'd together, we will go with you along. We

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名著名段背诵精华

Edith Piaf (1915-1963) was a French singer and one of her countrys best-known cultural icons. She is probably Frances greatest ever singer and sang classics such as La vie en rose. She was so popular that 100,000 people attended her funeral in Paris

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

I access the internet in the cyber cafe. 我到网咖上网. Since my PC broke, I had to go to the cyber cafe. 由于我的电脑坏掉了, 我必须到网咖. There are lots of people enjoying playing online games in the cyber cafe. 网咖里很多人

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 不用背句型学英语

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Learning From a Volcano, 25 Years After Mount St. Helen's Exploded By Paul Thompson and Nancy Broadcast: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

By Deborah Block Washington, D.C. 27 February 2006 watch New Orleans report It has been six months since Hurricane Katrina slammed into the city of New Orleans, Louisiana and parts of the U.S. Gulf Co

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(二月)

Topics: Gay Rights Issues: Gay Marriage and Don't Ask, Don't Tell; Famous Americans: Oprah Winfrey; sneak preview; instead of versus rather than; a lot versus lots Words: gay rights spouse civil union to object military sexual orientation media perso

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(203) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Vampires; The Second City (comedy group); to sway versus to persuade versus to convince; get a life!; to ramp up Words: vampire to suck stake genre trilogy to be torn between to slay craze to crave improv to rehearse scripted to sway to persu

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(196) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Woodstock; Walter Reed Army Medical Center; a lot versus a load of; indicate versus signify; Hispanic versus Spanish Words: to be billed as concert-goer hippy mud bell-bottoms documentary flagship veteran wounded in battle rehabilitation negl

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(188) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Patriotic songs; Carnegie Hall; grande versus venti (at Starbucks); troop versus troops; (something) is ghostwritten Words: patriotic to bless prayer national anthem prairie foam ocean current hall to seat acoustics to be lined with to be eng

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(182) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Yosemite National Park; PETA and animal rights; to rebuild versus to reshape; to mind your Ps and Qs; tag questions Words: national park developed valley striking cliff animal rights suffering factory farm tactic fur undercover arson to rebui

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(168) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: The CIA; The Wizard of Oz; deliverable; stress versus pressure; you had me at hello Words: intelligence peacetime secretive speculation espionage covert torture regime change wizard tornado scarecrow plot deliverable stress pressure you had m

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(175) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe