Always them fashion clothes Spent hours in front of the mirror Making dates with your female friends Bracelets and diamonds around your hands But when you dig a bit deeper, start a little conversation Look a little bit closer, then I can see that The

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

A: I need a snack from the cafeteria. B: What are you thinking of getting? A: I only want some chips. B: I think I may get something too. A: What do you plan on buying? B: I have a sweet tooth. I want candy. A: What kind of candy do you want? B: I re

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: Did you get anything for lunch? B: I ate a sandwich with some chips and soda. A: Did you go somewhere and get your food? B: I bought my food from the cafeteria today. A: Tell me, what kind of sandwich did you decide to get? B: They gave me a bolog

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: I want to get a snack at the cafeteria. B: What are you going to buy? A: I may just get some chips. B: I'm probably going to buy something too. A: What do you want to get? B: I want some sort of candy. A: What kind do you want? B: I want some choc

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

Independent Media Emerge in Tripoli After Fall of Gadhafi Independent news media are beginning to emerge in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, two weeks after the fall of Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi. They are pledging to help build democratic institution

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

Yellowstone River Spill Raises Pipeline Safety Concerns Environmentalists are pushing for tighter regulations after the rupture of an Exxon Mobil oil pipeline which runs beneath the Yellowstone River in Montana. Before it was shut off, the burst pipe

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(七月)

美式足球超级杯那天,Larry要在家开party, 李华帮他做准备。李华今天要学两个常用语,munchies和spread. LL: I'm really excited about having a Super Bowl party, Li Hua. I just went to the store and bought lots of munchies,

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美国之音《流行美语》

A: This apartment is everything that I am looking for! B: Thank you. Is there any other information that you need? A: Could you tell me a little about safety features? B: Yes, we have thought of safety. What, specifically, are you interested in? A: A

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

Todays topics: Television in the US, Spelling Bees in Schools, Policy versus Politics, Pronunciation in Minnesota Words: station channel network ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, WB PBS (public television) non-profit Masterpiece Theater contest

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Today's topics: Spelling words, Popular baby names in the US, Britney Spears and Seatbelts, Don't get mad, get even!, To spoil someone, To undertake, Compared to or with?, How to end an email Words: Speaking of... Car seat To strap Lap To fasten Tick

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Ask an American - International students in the U.S. dont versus doesnt; aint; you singular versus you plural Words: to get along fake genuine to pig out Buffalo wings buffalo impolite absolutely modest to sell oneself lyrics aint Say it aint

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

The United States Thursday suspended most of its aid program to Mauritania because of this week's military ouster of the elected government there. U.S. food aid to the north African state will continue. VOA's David Gollust reports from the State Dep

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

Topics: No-Tuition Colleges; the Sacco-Vanzetti Trial; crazy versus mad versus psycho versus mentally ill; using ed words as adjectives; lo and behold Words: tuition a handful of on campus ranch endowment philanthropy class trial anarchist to convict

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Famous Songs: Kumbaya; Crater Lake National Park; free time versus spare time; at the end versus in the end; booking versus reservation Words: spiritual to pass down campfire calming effect to sway crater volcano lodge rim trail indigenous pi

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Ask an American: private gun ownership; north of; compulsory versus mandatory versus obligatory; mayday Words: semiautomatic round to ban outlawed to arm social issue law-abiding hunting high heels part of the equation north of compulsory man

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: The Red Cross; Casablanca; to estimate versus to evaluate versus to appreciate; to let (someone/something) be; aim versus goal Words: cross crescent humanitarian victim natural disaster blood drive first aid shelter to be set in to be wanted

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Video-game violence; ROTC; should have done versus should have to do; just versus only; to learn as (one) goes Words: realism insensitive arcade minor rating system console officer branch ranking Dont Ask, Dont Tell gay should have done shoul

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Hip Hop Culture; The New York Stock Exchange; effectiveness versus efficiency; jilted; hence versus thus Words: hip hop DJ to rap graffiti breakdancing / breaking oppressive stock exchange stock trading floor NYSE Composite Index base value p

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(200) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Ask an American: The meaning of work; apart from versus in terms of; off the cuff; also versus as well Words: to earn a living to come down to paycheck hustle greatly debt to pay off chain defined imaginative apart from in terms of off the cu

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(210) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Ask an American: social media and job searches; go ahead, make my day; years old versus year old Words: to scratch the surface theres no telling wild, wild west tremendous social media to enhance credibility thought leadership buddy to dictat

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(187) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe