rtue 美德,德行 virus 病毒 vision 幻想,视觉 vital 极其重要的 vivid生动的,鲜艳的 volcano火山 voltage 电压 voluntary自愿的,志愿的 volunteer志愿者 vote票,选票 wage 工资,报酬 wagon四轮马车,大棚车 wander漫游,漫步 waterproof 防水的,不透水的 wealth

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 用mp3背四级单词

Non-Native Weed Threatens Northwest Clams The usual story of invasive species goes something like this: an exotic plant or critter hitches a ride on some incoming cargo, alarm bells go off and an eradication campaign starts. But now, Japanese eelgras

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

Bobwhite heard it and was pleased. He redoubled his calls of bob-white, bob-white, 山齿鹑听到了很高兴,他再次歌唱着布谷,布谷, and listened regularly for the musical white, white, white that came in return from a lady quail dow

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材6

1. Mark is calling the gardening show about ____________. A. a diseased fruit tree B. a strawberry patch C. some dying flowers 2. His wife received the particular plant(s) from her _______________. A. mother B. sister C. a close friend 3. Mark thinks

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

「英文学习笔记」 I was trying to open the lid of my ice cream and I pulled so hard. I punched myself in the face. 当时,我只想把冰激凌的盖子给打开。结果用力过猛,一拳砸到自己的脸上。 lid n. 盖子 punch vt. 捶

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

核心句型: Pull yourself up by your bootstraps. 你要重新振作起来啊! pull oneself up by one's own bootstraps直译过来就是:通过自己的靴带站起身来,这个短语的正确意思是:不依靠他人,经过自己的努力

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

Properly speaking, the Sargasso Sea covers every submerged part of Atlantis. Certain authors have even held that the many weeds strewn over this sea were torn loose from the prairies of that ancient continent. 萨尔加斯海,严格说起来,那海

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS -August 27, 2002: U.S. Nursing Shortage / Depression and Alzheimer's Linked? / New Findings About Malaria VOICE ONE: This is Phoebe Zimmerman. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember wi

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Agriculture Report - The Seeds of Weed Control Advice for suppressing the growth of unwelcome plants. Transcript of radio broadcast: 17 March 2008 This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. When is a plant a weed? When its undesirable quali

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(三)月

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Progress Against Witchweed, a Killer of Sorghum Crops in Africa Researchers may someday copy proteins found in alligator blood to produce infection-fighting drugs for people. Transcript of radio broadcast: 19 May 2008 VOICE ONE

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(五)月

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. When is a plant considered a weed? Experts at Penn State University have a simple answer: When the undesirable qualities outweigh the good qualities. Consider that crops generally produce several hu

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Popular Weed Killer Stirs Health, Environmental Concerns Jamie Jamison produces corn, wheat and soybeans on his 500-hectare farm. To boost production, he uses genetically modified seeds. To control weeds, he uses Atrazine. It gives us good long-seaso

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: Northern California is famous for two intoxicants - wine and marijuana. Recreational marijuana is about to be legal here in California, so some marijuana entrepreneurs are looking to the wine industry as a model. NPR's John Burne

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(188) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

With The Rise Of Legal Weed, Drug Education Moves From 'Don't' to 'Delay' LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: California entered the brave, new world of marijuana legalization in 2018. And it's impossible to ignore. There are new dispensaries opening, even bi

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

Lesson 74 Only A Weed 第74课 蒲公英 All through the summer, and during spring and autumn as well, our meadows and waste places are thickly dotted with the bright-yellow flowers of the common weed called the dandelion. And even throughout the win

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

Todd: OK, Kerri, I'm going to ask you about the news. Do you follow the news everyday? Kerri: Sometimes. Todd: How do you follow the news? Kerri: Well, in Japan mostly the radio or the internet. Todd: Oh, really. OK. What radio station? Kerri: NPR, b

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Police in San Dimas pulled over a florists van yesterday and arrested the driver, Karl Rover, for smoking and transporting marijuana. The police got suspicious when Karl remained stopped even after the light had turned green. One officer asked Karl w

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Lesson 23 The Periwinkle 第23课 滨螺 A boy with a basket is walking down the street. 街上有个孩子挎着篮子走过来, He is shouting out, Winks, winks, periwinks! 一边走一边吆喝:滨螺!滨螺!卖滨螺啦! Let us buy a few

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

I haven't seen my ex since we broke up Probably 'cause he didn't wanna grow up Now I'm out and wearing something low-cut 'Bout to get attention from a grown up 'Cause you hold me like a woman In a way I've never felt before And it makes me wanna hold

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

音乐咖啡厅:Birdman - Smoke Out 相关介绍 :这个真名叫Bryan Baby Williams的家伙有着多重的身份,商人,制作人,歌手,虽然名叫Baby,但这个长的凶神恶煞的家伙绝对是个十足的恶棍,从小混迹街头

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅