10 trifles to arrest global warming Global warmingthe negative consequence of greenhouse effectis increasingly grim, which has been illustrated by a succession of destructive crises in temperature. But how can we arrest global warming? The following

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(336) / 评论(0) 分类 24篇魔术美文串记4级词汇

Finally, I entered the institution. Because of my careful savings, I did not have to work during the school year. Then, summer came and it was time to work harder than ever. I continued working as a waitress at night, instructed tennis camps several

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(221) / 评论(0) 分类 英语标准美文100篇

The FDNY says they expect to plan a raise about million dollars they respond to accidents across the city they responded 14,000 last year. But this is going to be a tough sale?. We spoke with a lot of New Yorkers tonight who seem dead sad against thi

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2010年

初级公司英语会话Lession10:利润成本分析 Listen to the dialogue between the Company president and chairman, P: We beat our profit forecast for the quarter, so weve got to be pleased. C: I agreed, although there are some areas of concern. P: Yes, but w

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 初级公司英语会话

The song you are about to hear was first performed at a concert given to raise money to fight against poverty in Africa. Its message is simple,

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 全新版大学英语综合教程

Voice 1 Hello. Im Ruby Jones. Voice 2 And Im Rachel Hobson. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 What do you think o

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Nickelback - Savin' Me Prison gates won't open up for me 监狱大门不为我开 On these hands and knees I'm crawlin' 我在这些手和膝盖上爬行 Oh, I reach for you 噢,我伸手向你 Well I'm terrified of these four walls 我惧怕周围这

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

Farming by GPS Saves Money, Environment Mixing tradition with technology On a weedy patch of land an hour and half from Washington, D.C., farmer Brad Eustace is tilling razor-straight lines with a GPS-guided tractor. With the computer in control, he

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

One Laptop Per Child's office feels more like a playroom for geeky adults than a non-profit with a mission to save the world. Plastic green laptops are strewn about in various stages of disassembly and upgrade, and the office is decorated with multic

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Tattoos Illustrate Art of Saving Lives It takes less than an hour for Robin Rhoderick to get what she has long wanted - a tattoo. Oh, look, she says, admiring the colorful emblem emblazoned on her forearm. It's beautiful. While many view tattoos as a

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

US Agriculture Industry Opposes Changes to Food Aid Program Plano, Illinois, farmer Bill Wykes has been behind the wheel of a tractor for almost four decades, planting and harvesting corn and soybeans on land his family has owned even longer. Through

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

'Saving Lives' Or 'Selling Access'? Explaining The Clinton Foundation DAVID GREENE, HOST: Hillary Clinton has been on the defensive this week over the Clinton Foundation and the question of whether donors to that charity were given anything inappropr

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

If you believe that every life has equal value, it's revolting to learn that some lives are seen as worth saving and others are not. We said to ourselves: This can't be true. But if it is true, it deserves to be the priority of our giving. 如果你认

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

The Advantages of Saving Money Everyone must work to live, but many people are fortunate enough to make more money than they immediately need. What should they do with this extra income? While it is te

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

今天我们要讲的习惯用语里都有一个主要的单词:scratch。很多人都知道scratch这个词的意思是抓、或者刨刮表面。你要是给蚊子叮了一口,你就会这样做:scratch your skin with your fingernails。就是你

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

By Robert Raffaele Washington 06 May 2008 Medical researchers say a simple decision by expectant mothers can mean the difference between life and death for thousands of people. Blood from umbilical cords has been used in life-saving transplants for p

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

Li Weiqi, a 40-year-old auxiliary traffic police officer from Hangzhou's West Lake detachment of the Traffic Management Bureau, said he noticed something weird about the road surface of the intersection where he was on duty on April 21. When I walked

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Topics: Ask an American: Saving the space program; point versus period versus dot; using no with a verb; all the same Words: vehicle astronaut orbit to hitch a ride to imply to stoke innovation golden era space exploration driven by to shift outlook

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

地点:医院 人物:瑞秋,罗斯,护士 事件:瑞秋已经开始强烈阵痛,只好接受双人待产室。 Nurse: I'm sorry. Semi-private rooms are all we have. 护士:很抱歉,我们医院现在只有双人待产室了。 Rachel

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Voice 1 Thank you for Joining us for todays Spotlight. Im Rebekah Schipper. Voice 2 And Im Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 In a

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight