New Warning System Might Have Saved Lives After Indonesian Earthquake Indonesia is recovering from a powerful earthquake and huge ocean waves that struck the island of Sulawesi on Friday. More than 800 people are reported dead. Some experts are wonde

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Sri Lankans Look to Rebuild after Deadly Tsunami 斯里兰卡从渴望在海啸后重建家园 Two weeks after the deadly tsunami ravaged scores of communities along its coast, some of Sri Lankan say

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--海啸灾难纪实

Top UN Official Vows of Asian Tsunami, 'Never Again' 联合国高级官员立誓亚海啸不会再出现 United Nations’ officials of the world conference on the disaster reduction vowing to make su

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--海啸灾难纪实

Celebrities Raise Funds for Tsunami Victims 名人为海啸受难者捐款 Madonna, Elton John, and Stevie Wonder were among dozens of entertainers who helped raise funds for tsunami relief in a U.S.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--海啸灾难纪实

Tsunami Survivors Try to Start a Life in Home Town 海啸幸存者试着在家乡开始新生活 This is Nancy-Amelia Collins and I am in Lhungna along the west coast, the devastated west coast of Ace

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--海啸灾难纪实

Indonesia: No Deadline for Foreign Troops Helping Tsunami Victims to Leave印尼:外国军队帮助海啸受难者脱离困境没有最终期限 Indonesia's defense minister says there is no hard de

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--海啸灾难纪实

MADRID, April 13 (Xinhua) -- World Cup champion Spain has declined an invitation(邀请) to replace Japan at this summer's Copa America. The Spanish football federation said on its website that a board of directors meeting decided not to send a t

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Good morning, I'm Melissa Long here at the CNN Center in Atlanta. It's a Friday, October 16th. And here are some of the stories that are making news right now. Speculation is growing about whether Thursday's runaway balloon story in Colorado was a h

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(204) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(十)月

We are getting new information on the helicopter plane collision over the Hudson this morning. Nine people died in the crash. At this moment, divers are getting back into the water for the recovery effort. We are looking very closely at any air traf

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(八)月

Hello to you all, I'm T. J Holmes. Yes, good morning everybody! I'm Betty Nguyen. Thanks so much for joining us. Alright, Let's get you our top stories right now. John Yettaw, an American sentenced to seven years with hard labor in Myanmar, he is ar

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(八)月

I'm Asieh Namdar at the CNN.com Newsroom in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Hamas sources say Israeli forces have killed 3 senior members of Hamas' military wing. Israeli Prime minister Ehud Olmert says the objectives ar

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(一)月

We're dedicating this edition of CNN Student News to our audience in Japan. The world is watching in support, and you are not alone. The nation of Japan is reeling today, trying to recover from a devastating natural disaster. The earthquake hit the i

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(三)月

美联社,新闻一分钟,London,Thailand,tsunami,1. London's police commissioner says he regrets the killing of a man mistaken by officers to be a suspect in the recent terror bombings. 2. Thailand issues and then lifts a tsunami warning after a maj

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2005

1. Police are looking into the shooting deaths of two people at the University of Washington. A spokesman says the two were found in a campus building that houses the Architecture Department. Authorities say it may be a case of murder-suicide. 2. Si

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

IN THE NEWS - An Up-and-Down Week for Peace in Four Conflicts By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Saturday, August 20, 2005 I'm Steve Ember with IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. From East Asia to West As

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

App Feels Earthquakes Through Mobile Phones 能发出地震警报的手机应用 A new phone app uses vibrations from smartphones to alert people about earthquakes. 一种新的手机应用使用智能手机的震动来提醒人们地震的发生。

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Acehnese run to higher ground during a tsunami drill held as part of the commemoration of the fifth anniversary of the Indian Ocean tsunami in Lhoong, Aceh province, Indonesia, 26 Dec 2009 Five years after the devastating tsunami struck the Asia Paci

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

1.President Barack Obama spent several hours Tuesday with three of his top security advisors, talking about the botched Christmas Day attack on the US airliner. Those advisors, including Homeland Security Secretary General Janet Napolitano, are revie

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(一月)

Governments around the world, as well as non-profit organizations, are pledging support for victims of Sunday's massive earthquake and resulting tsunamis that have affected more than a million people across the Bay of Bengal and in Indian Ocean coast

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

WASHINGTON, Aug. 13 (Xinhua) -- A major 7.2-magnitude earthquake struck southwest of U.S. territory Guam on Saturday local time, the United States Geological Survey reported on its website. The quake occurred at 7:19 a.m. on Saturday local time (2119

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻