Warren / Canada speaker As much as I like to read, I don't think books are going to be around forever. They take up a lot of space, and they use up a lot of material, a lot of natural resources. These days, we can already just have everything on an i

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. This coming week, I will visit Wisconsin, Michigan, and Colorado, to discuss our strategy to ensure that America has affordable, reliable, and secure sources of energy. The best way to meet our growing energy needs is th

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

STEVE EMBER: Im Steve Ember. BARBARA KLEIN: And Im Barbara Klein with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we tell about three inventors who died last month. Max Mathews, Norio Ohga, and Hubert Schlafly all had a big influence on moder

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(九)月

U.S.-India Energy Cooperation The U.S.-India State and Urban Initiative, led by the Center for Strategic and International Studies [CSIS] Wadhwani Chair in U.S.-India Policy Studies and the CSIS Energy and National Security Program, recently announce

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(六月)

A couple of years ago when I was attending the TED Conference in Long Beach, 几年前我参加在长滩TED会议的时候, I met Harriet. 我遇到了哈里特。 We'd actually met online before not the way you're thinking. 实际上我们以前在网

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Last week, the new Advanced Research Projects Agency for energy held its inaugural conference in Washington, D.C.a direct response to a growing sense that the U.S. is losing its technology lead when it comes to the race for cleaner ways to produce an

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

US Agency Announces Wave Energy Prize Competition 美国能源部发起能源奖竞争 Experts say that sun and wind are the richest sources of clean, renewable energy. But ocean waves also create powerful, clean energy. So, the U.S Department of Ene

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Starship机器人或将接替人类完成配送工作 The London-based developer, Starship Technologies, said the machine is practical, safe and environmentally friendly. 总部位于伦敦的研发公司Starship Technologies 表示他们研发的机器

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(二月)

Saying Goodbye To Old Technology And A Legendary NYC Repair Shop ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: We are gathered here today on All Tech Considered to note the passing of two dear friends. (SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC) AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: Let us lay to rest the VCR. This

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Toyota managed its network of suppliers in such a collaborative manner 丰田用一种合作的方式组织供销商网络 that it could work very quickly and smoothly with suppliers to repurpose production, 因此能够与供销商迅速顺利地合作

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

尝试新概念 NASA火星着陆器遇挫 The U.S. space agency's test run of a Mars landing system came to a disappointing end Monday when the saucer-shaped vehicle's parachute failed to unfurl high over the Pacific Ocean. 美国太空总署(NASA)

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年6月

藻类Algae 两栖动物Amphibians 动物习性Animalbehaviour 动物资源Animalresources 节肢动物Arthropods 生物多样性Biologicaldiversity 生物资源Biologicalresources 生物圈保护区Bi

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Four years ago, Stephen Elop, Nokias then-CEO, described the company as a man at the edge of a burning platform. While its rivals had set the phone market on fire, Nokia had poured gasoline on its own platform by failing to acknowledge that newcomers

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Senior Chinese official urges food industry development BEIJING, Oct. 19 (Xinhua) -- A senior Chinese leader on Friday urged a state-owned grain and food conglomerate to improve its competitiveness to contribute to a more developed and safer food ind

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Miao Xiaochun, a renowned new media artist, is a professor at the China Central Academy of Fine Arts. He has recently given a lecture in the Beijing Minsheng Art Museum titled New Painting: Everyone Is A Big Painter. Along the sideline, he explains h

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Don't talk to strangers. You have heard that phrase uttered by your friends, family, schools and the media for decades. It's a norm. It's a social norm. But it's a special kind of social norm, because it's a social norm that wants to tell us who we c

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Whether additional effort translates into higher wages depends on the other options available to workers and on their bargaining power 额外的努力能否转化为高额的工资取决于员工手中的工作选择以及他们的议价能力 in par

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

A United Nations agency says the United States, China and Japan are leading the world in developing artificial intelligence, or AI, technology. The three countries were named in a new study from the UNs World Intellectual Property Organization, or WI

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月

BEIJING, Sep. 16 (Xinhuanet) -- Government incentives are important to pave a low-carbon road to economic growth, but companies that improve their industry models and technologies are the main players and also benefit receivers, noted officials and i

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

本期内容: China's biggest online-search company, Baidu, said it would make its self-driving car technologies available to others. In a bid to advance autonomous vehiclesand perhaps to become an industry standard in the same way that Googles And

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读