By Jessica Berman Washington 28 February 2007 According to the results of a new study, antioxidant vitamin supplements taken by people to promote their health may actually shorten their life. The findings were based on a review of dozens of studies o

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(二月)

New research reinforces the importance of prenatal iron supplementation for good birth outcomes and continued good health for growing children. Research over the past 20 years have pointed to the importance of micronutrients - substances found in sma

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

A new study of a popular dietary supplement indicates that, while pine bark extract is safe, it has no significant effect on blood pressure or other risk factors for heart disease. This new research seems to contradict evidence from earlier studies.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

Fish oil supplements are a popular way to increase the intake of omega-3 fatty acids, which are thought to have a wide range of beneficial effects, particularly for cardiovascular health. But are they effective in preventing cancer? A new study sugge

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年7月

Vitamin D is an essential nutrient that we get through exposure to sunlight and through diet. Without enough Vitamin D, we are at risk for rickets, osteoporosis and bone fractures. Now, researchers have found that Vitamin D deficiency is also associa

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus. This week, we tell about vitamins. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Vitamins Many jobs must be done with two people. One person takes the lead. The

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(四)月

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Many people have low iron in their blood. But pregnant women need extra iron for their own health and their baby's health. Iron is important to the development of a baby's brain and central nervous syste

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Vitamins are Important to Good Health This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. Im Bob Doughty. And Im Faith Lapidus. This week, we tell about vitamins. Many jobs must be done with two people. One person takes the lea

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(四)月

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Vitamins are Important to Good Health BOB DOUGHTY: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. Im Bob Doughty. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus. This week, we tell about vitamins. (MUSIC) BOB DOUGHTY: Many jobs must

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Writing Program Supplements US Public Education For almost 10 years, a unique non-profit organization called 826 has been helping students across the United States become better writers by tapping into their creativity. Founded in San Francisco by th

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

Micronutrient Powders Effective in Reducing Anemia in Children Nutrients taken in powder form are effective in preventing malnutrition in children, according to new findings. Children throughout the developing world suffer from anemia - a shortage of

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

Study Shows Vitamin E Increases Prostate Cancer Risk A number of medical studies over the years suggested that vitamin E, taken as a dietary supplement, might help prevent prostate cancer. But new research finds not only that the earlier studies were

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

New research reinforces the importance of prenatal iron supplementation for good birth outcomes and continued good health for growing children. 最近一些新的研究强调产前补铁对安全分娩和成长中孩子的健康非常重要。 Studie

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2011年1月

The last time I went to the doctor for a checkup, she told me that I needed to start taking some dietary supplements that had the vitamins and minerals that my body needed to stay healthy. I told her that I ate a balanced diet, but she said that many

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

今天我们要学的词是dietary。 Dietary, 跟饮食有关的。 The U.S. Federal government released new dietary guidelines on Monday, 美国联邦政府星期一公布了最新饮食指南。 The dietary recommendations call for cutbacks in sal

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: The arrival of the new Congress means the retirement of Utah Senator Orrin Hatch. NOEL KING, HOST: Hatch was elected 42 years ago in 1976, when Gerald Ford was president. Presidents have come and gone since then - seven president

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

Energy beverages, vitamin pills, beauty drinks. We have swallowed bucketloads of antioxidant-rich products in a belief that the antioxidants they contain could improve our health and turn back the aging clock. 能量饮料,维生素药片,美容饮

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻