Now the weekly VOA Special English program American Stories. Our story today is called Surviving Adverse Seasons. It was written by Barry Targan. Here is Shep O'Neal to tell you the story. Abel Halleck was 59 years old when his wife Estelle died. Her

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 弗兰肯斯坦.Frankenstein

Oil company BP is considering a so-called static kill to seal off its damaged Macondo well in the Gulf of Mexico, even as plans go forward to complete a relief well nearby. The plan would have to be approved by U.S. government officials who are worki

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年7月

Anything, but it will have the answer, in a hurry to find, missed is the static good years. 任何事情,终有答案,匆忙寻找,错失的是岁月的静好。 图片1

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2016.11

05Listening to the Radio GLOSSARY simulcast a live (not recorded) broadcast of an event or performance;something that is shown in two places or in two ways at the same time, such as on the television and the radio* I was watching the basketball game

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Is My Brain Static Or Constantly Changing? Scientists used to think that for all its complexity, the brain was pretty static. Once the brain matured, it essentially stopped growing and changing. And when neurons, or brain cells, were lost or damaged,

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Why Does Plastic Wrap Cling To Itself? What makes kitchen plastic wrap cling so maddeningly to itself, and so conveniently to the sides of bowls and plates? Plastic wrap clings for two reasons: its elastic and its sticky. That probably seems pretty o

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

《Everytime We Touch》作为舞曲由三人舞曲组合Cascada翻唱,原唱为Maggie Reilly,2006年初在Billboard的排行榜上一路窜升,成绩斐然!这支动感的劲歌让人听了以后不禁跃跃欲试,也想疯狂一把。竞学网英文歌曲频道推荐。 Cascada的成员有三位,幕后工作者DJ/制作人Yan

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Song:Sound Of The Underground Artist:Girls Aloud Disco dancing with the lights down low Beats are pumping on the stereo Neighbours banging on the bathroom wall Your sayin' crank the bass I gotta get some more Waters runnin' in the wrong direction

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语热力歌曲

If You Ever Get Lonely:寂寞时有我 美国乡村二人组 Love and Theft最新单曲《If You Ever Get Lonely》。 歌词: Thanks for callin' It's so good to hear your voice But you keep breakin' up In all the static and the noise But I keep

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

歌词: Thanks for callin' It's so good to hear your voice But you keep breakin' up In all the static and the noise But I keep listenin' 'Cause I never had a choice when it came to you I'd love to see you If you're ever out this way You sound happy

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

It's a common enough sound in summer, after the wind finally picks up on a hot and humid afternoon, as the rain starts spattering down in big, fat drops--you're in for a full-blown thunderstorm. It's much less common in winter, even during a snow sto

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest