THE MAKING OF A NATION - American History: Ford Leads Nation After Nixon Resigns STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION -- American history in VOA Special English. Im Steve Ember. This week in our series, we tell the story of the thirty-eight

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Richard Ashcroft - A Song For The Lovers 歌手名:Richard Ashcroft I Spend The Night yeah, Looking For My Insides In The Hotelroom waiting For You were Gonna Make It Tonight yeah, Something In The Air Tells Me The Time Is Right so Wed Better Get On

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(五月)

Cliff Richard(克里夫理查德)1940年10月出生在印度的Lucknow,英国籍,他是英国流行音乐历史上最受欢迎和演艺生涯最长的艺人之一,有英国猫王和金童子的美称。在英国,他有八十多首歌曲进榜的

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 节日英文歌曲精选

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Katy Blake. Voice 2 And Im Mike Procter. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand - no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 More than five centuries ago, t

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Richard Rodgers Wrote Musical Plays That Often Dealt with Social Issues Music experts say that a Richard Rodgers show is always playing somewhere in the world. VOICE ONE: I'm Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special En

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting Oceans apart day after day And I slowly go insane I hear your voice on the line But it doesn't stop the pain If I see you next to never How can we say forever Wherever you go Whatever you do I will be right here wait

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 甜蜜英文歌曲

Sue: In Private lives today we meet Richard Harvey. Richard is 37 years old, and he was born and brought up in Birmingham - a large city in the middle of England. Richard is a publican (收税员,酒馆老板) - he owns and runs a pub. A pub is a buildi

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

The One Where Monica And Richard Are Just Friends 本集简介: Monica and Richard have a chance meeting in a video store and decide to see each other as friends--but it doesn't stop there. Phoebe dates Robert, a jock whose shorts are a little too r

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 老友记(六人行)

Nixon's China Visit Marked Turning Point in Sino-American Relations Nixon's trip to China was such a grand drama on the world stage that years later, it, indeed, became an opera. The historical record is much simpler: He arrived on February 21, 1972

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

他特别热衷于巡回演出,曾先后在美国、加拿大、日本等地巡回演出。 Richard Marx深知在全球性的演出中,会大大促进乐迷与自己的直接交流,他深信,这种影响将是深远的。 在中国,Richard

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

他特别热衷于巡回演出,曾先后在美国、加拿大、日本等地巡回演出。 Richard Marx深知在全球性的演出中,会大大促进乐迷与自己的直接交流,他深信,这种影响将是深远的。 歌词: Song:Hea

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

他特别热衷于巡回演出,曾先后在美国、加拿大、日本等地巡回演出。 Richard Marx深知在全球性的演出中,会大大促进乐迷与自己的直接交流,他深信,这种影响将是深远的 歌词: Song:Angeli

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

他特别热衷于巡回演出,曾先后在美国、加拿大、日本等地巡回演出。 Richard Marx深知在全球性的演出中,会大大促进乐迷与自己的直接交流,他深信,这种影响将是深远的。 歌词: Song:Sat

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

DAVID GREENE, HOST: President Trump is pressuring the Justice Department to go after those who leak classified information. And he is certainly not the first president to be annoyed by leaks. In the '80s, Ronald Reagan even joked about his frustratio

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

THE PRESIDENT: Hello, Ohio! (Applause.) Ah, it is good to be back in Ohio. (Applause.) It is good to be back in Shaker Heights -- (applause) -- home of the Red Raiders. (Applause.) AUDIENCE MEMBER: Mr. President, I love you! THE PRESIDENT: I love you

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

Dwight Eisenhower and Richard Nixon 德怀特艾森豪威尔和理查德尼克松 The odd couple 欢喜冤家 They were more alike than is often thought 他们的相似之处比人们通常想的要多 Take a few swings 挥几杆 Ike and Dick: Portra

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(262) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

PEOPLE IN AMERICA -August 25, 2002: Richard Rodgers By Nancy Steinbach (Image -Smithsonian Institution) VOICE ONE: I’m Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I’m Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special Engl

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(247) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

BBC Learning English People and places Richard Firestone Dima:Hello, I'm Dima, and today our guest is Richard Firestone, an American scientist in Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory who has recently been involved in a fascinating research into an

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 人与地方

为什么有人会成功?因为他们慵智?或者他们只是幸运?都不是。分析家 Richard St. John 浓缩了他多年访谈的精华,用这个不容错过的3分钟幻灯秀揭示了成功的真实秘诀。

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:头脑游戏

Scientists in England say they have found the 500-year-old remains of England's King Richard III under a parking lot in the city of Leicester. University of Leicester's deputy registrar Richard Taylor: Ladies and gentlemen, this is the university tha

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下