DAVID GREENE, HOST: The writer Jason Reynolds has a new novel out this month. It focuses on a moment of decision that occurs in an elevator where a young man is on his way to avenge the killing of his brother. The novel is called Long Way Down, and J

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

The novel The Moonstone is set in England in 1848, but the story really began 50 years earlier. The Moonstone is a huge yellow diamond that was once part of a statue of the moon god in India. An Englishman murdered three holy men, stole the diamond f

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(183) / 评论(0) 分类 人教全日制普通高中英语(必修)高三(全一册)

图片1 Have you ever given someone a taste of their own medicine? Has anyone ever given you a taste of your own? Shawn gave Angela a taste of her own medicine. This means that Shawn treated Angela in the same bad way that she had been treating him.

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Little broken hearts of the night Slowly picking up their knives On the way to the fight Tonight they want revenge Beautiful soldiers in their beds Making love inside their hands With no chance to defend Tonight could be their end With the weapons in

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

By Alan Silverman Hollywood 11 February 2007 Hannibal Lecter, one of the most intriguing and chilling characters from modern popular literature, gets his 'back story' in a dark thriller from the director of the art house hit Girl With A Pearl Earring

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(二月)

By Margaret Besheer Irbil, Iraq 24 November 2006 Angry Shi'ites Muslims launched reprisal attacks on a Sunni mosque, political headquarters and several Baghdad neighborhoods, a day after a series of blasts and mortars killed more than 200 Shi'ites.

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

By Scott Stearns Washington 27 July 2006 A key al-Qaida leader has called for revenge against Israel's offensives in Lebanon and the Gaza Strip. President Bush says he is not surprised. Undated video broadcast of Ayman al-Zawahiri Al-Qaida's second-

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(七月)

By Birungi Machrine Kampala 26 November 2007 Attacks using acid are becoming more frequent in Uganda. Up to 2003, there were only 145 recorded attacks, but over the last three years, there have already been 87. Survivors often suffer from severe emot

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

Yael: You must be a having a good day. The smile on your face is a mile wide. Don: I'm finally going to get revenge on my neighbor. Y: For what? D: He has the loudest lawnmower you've ever heard. And as if that isn't enough, he mows his lawn every Sa

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

LOURDES GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: Writer Omar El Akkad spent much of his career as a journalist covering the many revolutions and wars in the Middle East for Canada's Globe and Mail. His debut novel, though, is set in a United States that is riven by con

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Topics: The Lone Ranger; the Liberty Bell; uprising versus revolution versus rebellion; given; revenge versus vengeance Words: ranger mask lone sidekick strict moral code bell liberty to ring crack inscribed to proclaim inhabitant uprising revolution

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

歌词: I cut my bangs with some rusty kitchen scissors I screamed his name 'til the neighbors called the cops I numbed the pain at the expense of my liver Don't know what I did next all I know, I couldn't stop Word got around to the barflies and t

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲