On the 22th of the June, 1986, in the Aztec Stadium, Mexico city. Argentina played England in the quarterfinal s of the World Cup. Only 4 years earlier, the 2 countries were at war over the Falkland I

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 世界杯的故事

And now the VOA Learning English program, Words and Their Stories. This week we finish the three-part story Mystery at The Ice Castle Inn. You will learn not only the ending of the mystery but also more English expressions that deal with cold. At the

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Tomorrow I die. Tomorrow I die, and today I want to tell the world what happened and thus perhaps free my soul from the horrible weight which lies upon it. But listen! Listen, and you shall hear how I have been destroyed. When I was a child, I had a

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(278) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

[全屏观看] 点击右键- 另存为 可保存这个Flash影片 第八段变异自简单单词的词根难词串讲 re luct ant不情愿的 luct-like-喜欢 re v eal揭露,显示 v-w-看 re v enge报仇,复仇 v-w-war-战争,打仗 war rant授权

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 《新东方 [爵以词雄] 词汇》刘一男

Once a young man from India was flying around the world on a magical horse. He landed on a palace of the Persian Sultan. The Sultan was an adventurous person. So he was always attracted by strange feats. He wondered when he saw a young man on the hor

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 一千零一夜英文故事

59. I've got to... 我必须得 用法透视 这个句型的含义相当于I have to,表示必须、一定、不得不,也可表示建议或推荐,多用肯定句。 支持范例 1. I've got to let you know. 我一定得让你知道。 2. I've got to see you about something. 我必须要见你有要紧事。 3. Yo

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语句型学口语

Confined 被限定的,狭窄的,被监禁的 Please confine your use of the telephone to business calls. 打电话只谈公事。(告诫用公司电话讲私事的人) South Korea hostages in Afganistan had been confined for so long. 阿富汗的

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国人这样说英语

A lot of ocean. A lot of ocean. Inbound: 3 o'clock. Damn it! My brother used to think that I could do anything, that I was better than I am. Keep going the way you're going, you end up on the street. You train, you fight harder than other guys, and y

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle. My miracle was I wound up living across the street from Margo Roth Spiegelman. She was ______1_________ creature that God ever created. Margo's life was a series of unbelievably epic adventures. Are you g

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

Sitting Down Here Lene Marlin I'm sitting down here, But hey you can't see me Your words cut rather deeply, They're just some other lies I'm hiding from a distance, I've got to pay the price Defending

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 最好听的50首英文歌曲

Where do we go from here? This isn't where we intended to be We had it all, you believed in me I believed in you Certainties disappear What do we do for our dream to survive? How do we keep all our pa

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 奥斯卡电影名曲盛典A

Three coins in the fountain Each one seeking happiness (Thrown by three hopeful lovers) (Which one will the fountain bless?) Three hearts in the fountain Each heart longing for its home (There they li

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 100首英语歌

I've been down this road Not too long ago Turning with the wind Enchanted by a friend But when I gave my heart It wasn't what I thought Came to show I didn't know This is love This is war This is not about revenge or what I felt before This is love T

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Idiom: Out of the world 一个人特别出色,或者一个东西特别好 Hit the book: Attribute to Revenge Overlap Uncover Justice Variation History of the Haka The first use of the haka in the natural world was attributed to the chief Tinirau an

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Husbands Said 丈夫们说 My wife and I were both happy for twenty something years... then we met. 我和我妻子都快活地生活了二十几年直到我们相遇了。 A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong. 好妻子总是会原

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

18 一位“前”儿童士兵的心声 Former Child Soldier Speaks Out Breck Ardery United Nations 13 Jun 2001 01:53 UTC A former child soldier from Sierra Leone says a cycle of revenge is often crea

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(1)

The Best you never had - Leona Lewis I was so in love with you 和你沉醉在愛中 There was nothing I could do 讓我別無他法 Wouldn't give me the time of day 時間無法計算 Now you wanna be with me 現在你也和我一起 You say you wan

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Why send a greeting card when you can send a potato? 送土豆多有趣呀,谁还要送贺卡? That's the reasoning behind one e-commerce site, which mails actual potatoes which feature personalized messages from their customers for $8 to $10. 一家

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

As the development of the society, people want to conquer the environment, they use the high technology to change the environment, when people are satisfied with what they did to the nature, the nature is starting to teach human being a lesson. In th

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Tell me, can you watch the sun Can you stand it? Oh tell me, can you watch the sun? Come on it's fun As we're riding on flaming wings We fly towards the stars Tell me, can you watch the sun Can you stand it? Oh tell me, can you watch the sun And take

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲