BOB DOUGHTY: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus. This week, we will tell the story of aspirin. (MUSIC) BOB DOUGHTY: People have known since ancient times that aspirin lessens pain

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Review Exercise E: Two- and Three-Word Set Phrases CD 3 Track63 You should be pretty familiar with the idea of a set phrase by now. The next step is when you havemore components that link together to form a new thinga three-word set phrase. Combine t

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 标准美语发音的13个秘诀 CD3

Hi everybody, this is Nick. Welcome to teaching series how do you say this in American English. Nick:大家好!我是Nick. Brad:大家好!我是Brad. Hi everyone, my name is Brad. Nick:今天呢我们又是非常开心请到了Brad来跟我们讲解

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 全网最酷美语怎么说

Yuan Feng is one of the founders of the carpooling website. He says many of his schoolmates fail to get a train ticket during the Spring Festival travel season so he set up the website with 11 schoolmates. By spending 50,000 yuan setting up the websi

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

The team led by Dr. Josep Maria Gatell, has produced a vaccine which reduces the level of HIV in patients' blood by 90 percent after twelve weeks of vaccinations. The team at Barcelona's Clinic Hospital has been developing the vaccine for the past fi

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

The marine insurance policy 保险单 A: During the last two years, there has been a great increase in goods stolen abroad. B: If they steal the entire package, that would be theft, so they don't do that. Generally, thieves open the case and take par

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语一点通

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - International Migration Reduces Poverty, but at a Price By Jill Moss Broadcast: Monday, October 31, 2005 I'm Steve Emberwith the VOA Special English Development Report. A new Worl

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Male circumcision is the cutting off of a small amount of skin from the tip of the penis. In many parts of the world it is done when a baby is a few days old. However, in other parts of the world it is

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(四)月

The spread of cell phones, computers and other technology has increased economic growth in the developing world. Transcript of radio broadcast: 01 July 2008 VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Specia

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(七)月

By Chad Bouchard Jakarta 17 August 2006 The ruins of a nightclub destroyed by an explosion in Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia, Oct. 13, 2002 Twelve Indonesian prisoners convicted of helping the 2002 Bali nightclub bombings had their sentences reduced in c

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(八月)

A new analysis of data from a study of post-menopausal women is challenging existing guidelines on hormone therapy. The researchers say women taking estrogen alone are at a significantly lower risk of breast cancer, and do not show an increased risk

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

Scientists say a common headache medicine dramatically reduces the risk of developing Parkinson's disease, a physically-disabling brain disorder that mostly strikes elderly adults. In a six-year study of just over 136,000 nurses and health profession

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

HEALTH REPORT - Measles Campaign Reduces Deaths in African Children By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 I'm Jim Tedder with the VOA Special English Health Report. redcross Uganda m

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

By VOA News 04 July 2007 Britain has lowered its national security level from its highest level, critical to severe, indicating that authorities no longer believe a terrorist attack is imminent. Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said the action does not m

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

长得像又容易记混的单词,需要花更多的时间记忆。普特君为你总结了24组易错形近词,寒假花点时间背诵记忆吧~ 17.complement/compliment ① complement:补足(物),补全,补足语 eg:The team needs play

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

A person suffering from Alzheimer's gradually loses touch with reality. It is one of the most dreaded diseases of aging. When you think about the functions that limit living independently and autonomously, loss of cognition is one of the major ones,

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

High-Tech Device Reduces Risk of Hospital Infections This machine fires bursts of ultraviolet, or UV, light that penetrate the cells of micro-organisms and kill them. The organisms have no chance to adapt and gain immunity as they might with a chemic

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(二月)

Spraying Insecticide Indoors Reduces Spread of Malaria Researchers in West Africa have shown that spraying insecticide indoors can dramatically reduce malaria transmission. Efforts to develop a malaria vaccine have so far been disappointing, so progr

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

This is a baggage claim form.We need your signature,please. 这是行李赔偿申报单,我们需要你的签名。 My suitcase is broken and some of the contents are missing. 我的手提箱破了,里面有些东西遗失了。 I want to file a

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 十天学会简单英语

Yuan Feng is one of the founders of the carpooling website. He says many of his schoolmates fail to get a train ticket during the Spring Festival travel season so he set up the website with 11 schoolmates. By spending 50,000 yuan setting up the websi

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下