EXPLORATIONS -January 30, 2002: Population and the Environment By Cynthia Kirk VOICE ONE: This is Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Tod

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. This week, the website WikiLeaks published more than seventy-five thousand American military documents on the war in Afghanistan. These documents from the Army and Marine Corps included secret reports from

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(七)月

We got one quiz game; a real quizee is the resident dude on the program to get how long has his beard been in the works? Yeah, man. Its good, dude, this beard is [mid] like, and I tried to trim it because I am coming to you all, so, but now, I have b

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2012年

Iran, Israel and Palestinians To Top AIPAC Convention Every year, thousands of Jewish Americans arrive in Washington for the annual convention of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee - or AIPAC. The group is the most influential pro-Israel lo

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Bringing up a sensitive topic Can I talk to you for a minute? Can I ask you something? Do you mind if I ask you something? I need to talk to you for a minute. I have to tell you something. There's something I need to tell you. There's something I thi

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 跟我学英语入门篇

11Living in a Condo or Co-op GLOSSARY exasperated frustrated; tired of something; angry that something continues tohappen over time; very annoyed* The caller became exasperated when we told her that there was nothing wecould do to fix her problem. ho

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: Im Shirley Griffith. DOUG JOHNSON: And Im Doug Johnson with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we tell about artist Edward Hopper. He painted normal objects and people in interesting and mysterious ways. (MUSIC) SHIRLEY

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

STEVE EMBER: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. Im Steve Ember. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus. Every ten years the United States government counts the national population and asks people questions about how they live. Results fr

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

IN THE NEWS - Afghanistan Tops Agenda at NATO Summit in Chicago 新闻报道 - 北约首脑峰会在芝加哥举行 阿富汗问题成为最重要议题 This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速英语新闻报道。 NATO

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Two aid workers from French charity Medecins du Monde have been kidnapped while travelling in a remote region along the border between Ethiopia and Somalia. VOA's Peter Heinlein in Addis Ababa reports a rebel group active in the area has denied resp

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

By Peter Fedynsky Moscow 22 January 2008 The independent presidential bid of Russia's Mikhail Kasyanov is in jeopardy after the Russian prosecutor accused his campaign of forging signatures on a petition required to register for the election. VOA's P

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

Popular Weed Killer Stirs Health, Environmental Concerns Jamie Jamison produces corn, wheat and soybeans on his 500-hectare farm. To boost production, he uses genetically modified seeds. To control weeds, he uses Atrazine. It gives us good long-seaso

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

New Treatment Potential Found in Popular TB Drug Scientists say new insights into a common tuberculosis drug will make it possible to shorten the treatment period for patients infected with TB. The drug pyrazinamide is widely used in combination with

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

1.quarantine Quarantining contagious people is the only way to control SARS. 2.prisoners of war (POWs) When will all the POWs be freed? 3.leap from a high-rise Leslie Cheung's leap from a high-rise broke the hearts of countless fans. 4.facemask Peopl

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

By Michael Bowman Washington 05 March 2006 A gun battle at a Sunni Mosque in Baghdad has left three people dead and several others wounded, while two relatives of a prominent Sunni leader were gunned

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(三月)

By Cathy Majtenyi Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 29 October 2007 The Committee to Protect Journalists says Ethiopia is the worst country in the world for press freedom. The international press watchdog group says that Ethiopian journalists routinely face cens

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

US Unemployment Rate Drops Sharply 美国失业率降至最低水准 The U.S. unemployment rate dropped to the lowest level in more than two years in November. The report shows a mixed picture, however, for the troubled U.S. job market. 美国失业率

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

Texas Farmers Want More Crop Per Drop With water scarcity emerging as a major global issue in the 21st century, a drought in the southern U.S. state of Texas highlights the need for farmers to get more out of limited water supplies. Some are using ne

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

obsession 迷住;固执 obstruct 阻隔 ;障碍物 opt 选择 optimum 最适宜 option 选项 ;选择权;买卖的特权 orientation 定位 ;方向;方位;倾向性;向东方 outing 郊游 ;外出

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语

Premier Li Keqiang said the three sides had a frank exchange of views and reached consensus on a series of issues. We have agreed on facing history squarely, aiming towards the future and appropriately managing sensitive issues including historical i

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台