Website Helps College Students Deal with Mental Health Issues Mental health is no small issue at colleges or universities around the world, including the United States. The youngest students at U.S. colleges are just out of high school. Most first-ye

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(330) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

By Richard Thorman 25 Sep 2004, 20:22 UTC Broadcast: September 26, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell about the life of Nineteenth Centur

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

AS IT IS 2014-10-31 Ghana's Bamboo Bikes Hit the Streets 加纳的竹制自行车亮瞎街头 Bamboo does not get much respect in Ghana. Farmers think of bamboo as an unwanted plant that needs to be cleared from their land. Construction workers use i

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十)月

AS IT IS 2016-01-30 Businesses Want to Ban Bad Online Reviews In 2009, John and Jen Palmer posted a critical online comment about a business. The Palmers said they ordered and paid for a small toy and a keychain for $20 from KlearGear.com, but never

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

文本: Jonas: Mr Moray. Mr Dudley. Arthur: It's private. Jonas: A list. A list with only two names. Arthur: They worked here, when it was Emmerson's. No-one else left who did. Jonas: They tell tales in the bays, about how I came to lose my arm. Ev

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

When youre helping a caller on the phone, unexpected things can happen. You might need to get some additional information from another source or have the caller to speak to someone else. Or, there may be some interference with the telephone connectio

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 商务电话英语

This is the first in a two-part Business English Pod lesson on dealing with telephone inquiries. Its natural to feel a little nervous when answering questions on the phone, especially when youre using a different language. You cant see the other pers

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 商务电话英语

At first glance, you would never know this warehouse contains vital weapons to combat the spreading oil slick. They're staging areas set up from Venice, Louisiana, all the way to Pensacola, Florida. So what's going on here in this staging area is goi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(五)月

G7 Leaders to Continue Sanctions on Russia 七国领导人继续对俄罗斯实施制裁 In the news today ... Leaders of seven industrial countries have opened a second day of talks in Germany. The G7 leaders are discussing climate and energy issues

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

If you've ever hurt yourself - bumped a leg or arm while walking, maybe - you might have instinctively grabbed the place that hurt, and that seemed to ease the pain. Now, new research on pain and self touch explores why that is. To study the phenomen

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

Ghana Bamboo Bikes Gain Worldwide Attention 加纳竹制自行车得到全世界的关注 APPAH, GHANA Bamboo does not get much respect in Ghana. Farmers see it as a nuisance to be cleared from their land. Construction workers use it to prop up build

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十月)

And this was their greatest achievement: the legendary temple complex of Angkor. You know, a real sense of age of this place here. This was built over 1,200 years ago. At a few places right here you can see a show of the age that faces are all worn,

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

China's best known respirologist, Zhong Nanshan, visited the South Korean Mers patient in hospital on Tuesday. He offered his advise on preventing the spread of the virus. Dr. Zhong Nanshan became famous for his work on SARS in 2003. On Tuesday morni

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

This is bad. We need to keep riding. It's close. 情况很糟,我们最好继续赶路。听起来很近 I don't want to be here anymore! 我不想待在这里了 That's Mech fire. That's a shotgun. That means there's people. 那是械甲怪的火炮

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 陨落星辰第二季

223 印尼弹劾事件体现出法治的作用 Experts Debate Constitutionality of Indonesian Impeachment Stephanie Mann Washington 24 Jul 2001 19:56 UTC Indonesia's People's Consultative Assembly, wh

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(3)

MADRID, April 4 (Xinhua) -- FC Barcelona this Wednesday announced that the club has extended the contracts of B-team players Marc Muniesa and Ilie Sanchez. 20-year-old Muniesa has been a regular with the B-team for the past three years and has spent

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, May 17 (Xinhua) -- A third case of the deadly Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) virus infection has been found in the United States, the country's Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Saturday. The patient is an Ill

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Facing a potential threat from Middle East respiratory syndrome, China is now on alert and has stepped up its preventative measures. Health authorities have warned against the risk of imported cases, with September's annual pilgrimage of Chinese citi

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

Have you ever wondered if a job is real or a scam? Sometimes, it can be hard to tell the difference. Here are some tip-offs to help you identify fake job offers and avoid job scams. Internet fraud is rampant and scammers prey on job seekers hopes and

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

In a podcast last week, I talked about a pop group called the Zimmers. The Zimmers are all elderly people, who want to show the world that old people can be fun and creative. A few days ago I found a short poem about being old. It is by Barbara Beule

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语